We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gharb or not?

England
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Gharb or not?

Hi, we recently went to Gozo on holiday and loved it! We stayed in Ghajnsielem which we really enjoyed. We're going back in October with my parents and are looking for somewhere to stay. We fancied going back to Ghajnsielem or trying Xaghra as we would like to be somewhere picturesque but in walking distance of a village with a shop and a handful of restaurants. We cant find anywhere that ticks all our boxes that is available hence I am widening the search and considering Gharb. We didn't make it to Gharb on our first trip so was looking for a general overview of what the village is like, amentities and especially the restaurants. We like simple local food and lots of fresh fish.

Any advice woudl be greatefull received.

Many thanks

Lizzie

3 replies to this topic
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
1. Re: Gharb or not?

Take a look at Skylinewebcams/Malta, there are a few live cameras at Gharb.Never stayed there myself but i believe it is quite a nice play to stay.Qala might fit the bill with some good restaurants in the village square.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
160 reviews
2. Re: Gharb or not?

Not sure if you have transport - Gharb is not awash with restaurants. Have you thought of Qala?

Gharb is quiet though and its not far to Victoria. There is a supermarket (Lighthouse at both San Lawrenz and Ghasri). I'm too biased and find Xaghra it best!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
57 reviews
3. Re: Gharb or not?

I stayed in Gharb last month. It is a pretty remote village (we stayed in Santa Lucija a couple of years ago, but could still comfortably walk to Victoria and back), and you will need to either hire a car or rely on the buses (which are really quite good). In terms of restaurants there are a few in Gharb, Rangers (which is a snack bar type place, but the specials are great), and Il Kunvent which is a great place with traditional Gozitan food. Right next door to Gharb is San Lawrenz which has a couple more restaurants, Tatitias in the square, and Jeffrey's which, although we didn't visit, I hear is very good. We were staying right at the north west corner of Gharb and we found it easier to get to the little supermarket in San Lawrenz (a 5/10 minute bike ride away), but there is a supermarket in Gharb too, quite near Rangers.

Reply to: Gharb or not?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gharb
Recent Conversations