We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Television hire in Victoria

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Television hire in Victoria

We are due to arrive end of April, for 2 weeks. Does anyone know of a Television rental outlet in or around Victoria ?

What is the TV reception like in that area ? Would I need a set top? Would I need a Booster. Are there any English speaking channels.

We are staying in Guest house without TV's in rooms, as1 of the party watches TV often, it is an essential.

5 replies to this topic
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,898 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Television hire in Victoria

I think this is an impossibility.............all services here are by subscription, plus sourcing a TV will be very diificult too. Speak to the guest house.....they may be able to help...

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Television hire in Victoria

Be aware that english speaking channels seem to be few and far between on Malta - or at least they have been in the hotels that I have stayed in !

P-t-B

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Television hire in Victoria

There are English language channels , many in fact , but are on cable or satelite.

Unless your appartment is wired and set up for cable you will only be able to watch local TV stations -- not so good.

Graham

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Television hire in Victoria

Thank you for replying, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

I am a SKY customer, and have heard about getting an extra card for mobile usage, wonder if that would do?

Methinks the owners will be contacted very soon. I can always ask if they have a spare ? Big ASK, but nothing lost.

Thanks again. Mark Phil and Graham

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Television hire in Victoria

You could consider taking a laptop and accessing the U.K. channels that way, not the same as a tv screen, but if only one of the party watching no problem - possible with having a sky subscription you may be able access tv channels on the laptop through them.

Reply to: Television hire in Victoria
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Victoria