We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

xaghra to ramla bay..walking distance?

Manchester
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
xaghra to ramla bay..walking distance?

Is it possible to walk from xaghra to nearest sandy beach,which I think is Ramla Bay.If so,how long would this take?

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: xaghra to ramla bay..walking distance?

Not sure of distance from Xaghra to Ramla Bay but it will probably be too hot to do it and you have to walk down to the beach which means an uphill walk on the way back. It is a fair way too but someone else will give you a better idea of how far.

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: xaghra to ramla bay..walking distance?

it is a ong walk, depends what part of xaghra youare it is a very large village and spreads oaut across. it could be a long walk.

Manchester
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: xaghra to ramla bay..walking distance?

Thanks,everyone.I enjoy a challenge!

I've just seen a video on youtube of some teenagers who walked from Rabat to Xaghra..unbelievable!

They end up at the Aztec restaurant and the lady there really goes out of her way to help them out.

They were exhuasted at the end but if they can do that then I might just give the Xaghra-Ramla Bay walk a go.

London, United...
Level Contributor
941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: xaghra to ramla bay..walking distance?

it depends on the time of the year! Rabat to Xaghra is not a big deal when compared to Xaghra to Ramla....especially if you are on the West side of Xaghra. Xaghra is situated on top of a hill, down to Ramla may be a lovely walk at this time of the year, but can't imagine walking it up in the heat of July/August...you will definately need to drink a lot of water for this one!! As i told you, Gozo is ideal for rambling and walking holidays from October to May. Otherwise one needs not only to be fit for longer walks, but also to drink a lot of water...!!

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: xaghra to ramla bay..walking distance?

I like to use this website for my planning trips and excursions around the world....

http://www.earthtools.org/

which gives an answer to your question .

Xaghra is approximately 130 metres above Ramla bay and 1636 metres away.

I have spent days in my youth , as a boy scout , trekking in Gozo at night ...but try to avoid the midday sun .

I would walk to Ramla and get a lift coming back :-)

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: xaghra to ramla bay..walking distance?

Some one just mentioned this site - check it out. Gozo is a hilly island so bear that in mind.

7. Re: xaghra to ramla bay..walking distance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Xaghra
Recent Conversations