We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gozo for honeymoon?

London, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
gozo for honeymoon?

my girlfriend and i are getting wed in august and are really keen on gozo-we are thirty somethings who love the beach life and bars at night but we are not ravers so don't need ibiza style super clubs,happier with local tavernas and a few late bars -also can see there are different areas with different beaches-any feedback is greatly appreciated cheers!

9 replies to this topic
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,860 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gozo for honeymoon?

If you hire a car.........I think you could have a fantastic honeymoon here. Limited beaches but the main one Ramla Bay is superb. Lots to explore and good scenery.

Xaghra, Gozo
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gozo for honeymoon?

Depending on what dates in August, you may tie up with the Santa Marija festa and holidays. Both Xaghra and Marsalforn down the hill are very lively at that time.

Xaghra, Gozo
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gozo for honeymoon?

Depending on what dates in August, you may tie up with the Santa Marija festa and holidays. Both Xaghra and Marsalforn down the hill are very lively at that time.

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: gozo for honeymoon?

Thanks I like the look of xlendi bay but the beach looks tiny and not that impressive- seeing as we will spend 8 hours a day sunbathing we need a good beach! Would you recommend somewhere else on Gozo with a better beach?

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gozo for honeymoon?

We were on Gozo just a week ago and went to Ramla Bay which is Gozo's 'biggest and best sandy beach' according to the Lonely Planet guidebook. But it's only actually small and it's not what I think a true beach lover would choose. If you're prepared for that and want a relaxing time in a beautiful place with nice people Gozo is lovely. The coast is stunning even if not sandy. The roads are unbelievably rough. So be prepared. If you like cycling or walking country lanes it would be perfect time for you and your newly wed to share a gentle adventure together. I'm not sure the bars open late so I'd research that. But the small Cafe Jubilee in Victoria is exactly what you're looking for in a bar by your description. You can get food and it's busy in the evenings. Old fashioned dark interior. So hopefully there's more as well.

Good luck and congratulations!

Melb
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: gozo for honeymoon?

Trust me Xlendi bay is wonderfull and very clean.It is a little smaller then others ,but lovely restaurants there and water is so clean and blue.Hard to go past it to be honest.

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: gozo for honeymoon?

Thanks everyone- although Gozo looks lovely we decided on somewhere else with a better beach but cheers for all the advice!

Saint Julian's...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: gozo for honeymoon?

It seems to me that everybody just mentioned Ramla bay as a beach.There are other places too.San Blas bay,Hondoq,Ghar Qawqla etc.If you want to have beautiful sea[all over] peaceful surroundings and a typical beach holiday Gozo is a must.Re think where you are going to spend your honeymoon.Trust me been there a million times.

Saint Julian's...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: gozo for honeymoon?

Rent a car or bike as added information

Reply to: gozo for honeymoon?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Xaghra
Recent Conversations