We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Large public tourist swimming pools

Groningen
9 posts
Save Topic
Large public tourist swimming pools

As staying in St Paul's Bay comming summer with a hotel with a small swimming pool, I have read somewhere that there are some public swimming pools catering for tourists near the sea.

But I can not seem to find any info.

Anyone got some information.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Large public tourist swimming pools

Can't think of any off hand, only ones that come to mind are the waterpolo clubs. You might be able to pay a daily fee for their use. Not sure if the one in St Paul's Bay is all enlcosed now or if it is still open on one side. Some of the larger hotels might also allow non-residents in for a fee.

There is a public swimming pool near the university but not sure how you get access i.e. whether you can just pay and turn up. Waterpolo teams use it if the sea is rough or if there are jellyfish in the sea

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,003 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Large public tourist swimming pools

There is a pool at the water polo club in St Pauls Bay. To get there basically follow the road away from Bugibba starting at the Gilerieu Hotel it's a few minutes away walking.

There are also several private pools. The one that Mrs SP57 uses while I'm off diving is the Lido under Luzzu restaurant at Qawra. Just be aware the owner takes no nonsense and will not tolerate rowdy behaviour, small noisy children, floating toys or radios/cd players. It's a place to relax sunbathe and swim when you are hot. Not a big pool but very clean and refreshing.

wales
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Large public tourist swimming pools

You can use the pool at Qawra Palace or Suncrest for a Daily charge which is good for children. Also smaller pool at Bar/Restaurant on Square at Bugibba.

4. Re: Large public tourist swimming pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta