We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

club entry age?

devon
4 posts
Save Topic
club entry age?

hello,

i am aware the legal drinking age in malta is 16 but is the age the same to get into the clubs?

thanks in advance.

harry

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: club entry age?

I've been drinking and clubbing in Malta since I was 15 but it was 1973

Most places are very liberal but if someone looks and acts like a child they will quite rightfully be refused entry. My daughter has always gone clubbing in St J's since she was 17 (I'm too strict for her!)

The place is full of students during the summer and a lot of them have the same age issues as you.

All I do ask is that you enjoy yourself, however, don't (not that you would) let everyone down by acting the typical young Brit binge drinker. Do that and not only will you have a great time but you'll always be welcomed back.

Have a good time.

Mentioned in this post
Malta
Malta
Europe
malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,316 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: club entry age?

Even the time you go makes a difference - if you are under 16 and turn up at 1 or 2 am as many do in Summer you might have problems.

The younger age group will usually have left by 1 am.

Go to starwebmalta.com and you`ll find alot of info regarding bars and clubbing

devon
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: club entry age?

im not under 16 i am 17 so i know i can legally drink. just wondered if i can legally enter clubs etc.?

Sliema
Level Contributor
536 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: club entry age?

What ever you do and no matter how old you are, never and I repeat never leave your glass unattended. It pays to be safe rather than sorry.

Also not sounding too goody two shoes if you are really young and intend to drink a bit more then usual be carefull. We do read the brit papers in Malta and it is horrific how the teen Brits are alcohol crazy. You do want to go back home alive..

Compo

Mentioned in this post
Malta
Malta
Europe
malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,316 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: club entry age?

harry = I know you`ll laugh at me BUT I presume you are a boy and at 17 you`re still very young.

Hopefully, you won`t have too much money to flash about and drink yourself crazy. Don`t ruin a holiday by binge drinking.

Obviously there are thousands of clubs and bars in UK

but in Malta they are practically all concentrated in Paceville so you get the atmosphere even in the roads and everybody relaxes while on holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Malta
Malta
Europe
6. Re: club entry age?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta