We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Qawra

Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
82 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Qawra

Hi

I've never been to Malta before and am thinking about staying in Qawra next June. Can anyone suggest a nice hotel as all the ones I have looked at get really bad reviews. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,938 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Qawra

the best hotel in that area is by far the santanna good 4 sta\r with large roof top pool and food is very good as well , also dolmen maybe a bit more expensive than the santanna.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Qawra

San Antonio is nice too.

Santana has my review of it in advisor.

Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
82 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Qawra

Thanks for your replies. do you know which tour operators sell these two hotels?

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Qawra

Chevron, Thompson, Thomas Cook & I believe even Malta Bargains does now as well

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Qawra

try holidays-malta.com which is a subsidiary company of air malta.

heartofmalta.com has videos under malta guide and accomodation

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Qawra

park lane hotel in qawra has great reviews -

Newtownards
Level Contributor
274 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in Qawra

why has nobody mentioned the Qawra Palace. I stayed there in 2004 with my husband and son and we all loved it. maybe it is quite dated, but what are you looking for, the Ritz!! it is ample for anyone. with a Pizza bar, a coffe shop. and loads of entertainment throughout the high season. What more can you want.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels in Qawra

wishingwell86 - I agree that nowadays we seem to expect alot for the money we pay. Way back, when I first started traveling, if the room was clean that was sufficient. I never expected a hair dryer, tv, a/c, room service, spa, gym , kids club etc etc. I even used to share a bathroom ! ! ! !

A hotel was just somewhere to sleep.

However, nowadays our expectations have risen and we see `ordinary` folk staying in 4 and 5 star hotels when in the past we would have been more than happy with a B & B.

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels in Qawra

Hi

Just come back from Sunflower Hotel, had a fantastic time, hotel was very clean and comfortable and staff very friendly - going back again next July!!

10. Re: Hotels in Qawra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta