We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxis from the airport

Qawra, Malta
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
taxis from the airport

I am travelling to malta on my own (female) in oct and i wondered if anyone knew of a firm of maybe lady taxi drivers that i could enquire about picking me up at the airport. Ive been many times but i am surprising my family so will need a lift to qawra. Any help will be much appreciated

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taxis from the airport

Hi brair2002,

I can recommend Compass Car Hire of Bugibba. We always use them when our family come to visit. They have two lady drivers who, unfortunately, only work daytimes, but their male drivers are courteous and reliable. You can fix an agreed price with Compass, so will not be ripped off. It is worth asking if a lady driver could be available.

Check out their web site: www.compasscarhire.com

Or e-mail: info@compasscarhire.com

I also recommend J & S Tourist Services of St Paul's Bay. Ask for Joe, the owner, a lovely jovial man, always smiling and never seems to stop talking. He never takes the fare when he drops you at your destination, he always says, pay me when I drop you back at the airport.

You can check him out at:

joetaxiservice@yahoo.com

or

jscarhire@global.net.mt

best regards.

Qawra, Malta
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxis from the airport

thank you very much. Its always a worry when you travel alone and usually family would pick me up but they dont no i am arriving. I will try compass first. Thanks again

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,827 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxis from the airport

I booked a taxi with the people i got my car hire from and it was 7 euro cheaper than everyone else.

http://www.raybezzinacarrentals.com/

I needed to picked up at 4.30am and they were prompt and friendly.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,675 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxis from the airport

You can try the suggested taxi service , but you can also get a taxi from the arrivals hall stand.There is a Taxi Booth from where you buy a voucher at a fixed price per destination and hand to the waiting Taxi , next in line , outside.

The surveillance camera , registers your arrival and the taxi you board , 24 hours a day.

In all the years , more than 40 , that I have lived in Malta ,mostly working in the airport, I have never heard of any passenger being in trouble , while on board a Taxi.

Taxi drivers are hard working individuals who would not dare to loose their licence and livelihood , by doing something silly.

Enjoy your holiday :-)

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: taxis from the airport

brair2002 and 643amc:

If my comments in any way gave the impression that the taxi drivers at the airport are anything but honest and trustworthy, I apologize, as this was definately not my intention. My reason for recomminding Compass is because they are the only taxi company, that I am aware of, who have female drivers. Also, I didn't know if you can book the same airport taxi driver for the return trip to the airport,

very best regards,

Crepello

6. Re: taxis from the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 22:18