We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightlife in and around Qwara

cumbria
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
nightlife in and around Qwara

Hi Everyone,

Staying at the Canifor Hotel in Qwara (lots of mixed reviews I know but where my parents used to stay when visiting Malta) The question is. What is there regarding night life in the area? My 19/17 year old children want a bit of life, my elderly parents want the sedate life and I just want to sit out with a nice glass of wine and watch the world go by. Help me out please?

Thanks in advance

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,832 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nightlife in and around Qwara

When you going?

I went in that hotel with a friend who was staying there, it looked cheesy throw back to the 80s and the small head bar man leeched over the women, infant all the bar staff did.

There are lots of pubs and bars with night entertainment, karaoke and a few clubs there. Lots of eateries etc.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nightlife in and around Qwara

Have a look at www.starwebmalta.com for bars etc according to locality

The largest clubs are Amazonia and a Salsa.

If you kids would like to go to Paceville, they could catch a direct bus. As for the return there are night services which they could use. If they want to splash out for a taxi on the return trip they could go to Wembley Motors and wait till another couple turn up for Qawra to share the expense.

Bus schedules - www.atp.com.mt

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nightlife in and around Qwara

At 17 & 19 a couple of hundred yards down the road is the bus stop to Paceville for the clubs etc. The only other place nearby is Fuego where on selected nights bus loads of students arrive.

There's plenty of places near the hotel to sit and watch the world go by with a few drinks.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nightlife in and around Qwara

Maybe we're confusing you. Paceville is a small area in St Julians which is the mecca for the vibrant night life.

There are some other good clubs - eg Numeru Uno but you would need a car to get there.

west yorks
Level Contributor
188 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nightlife in and around Qwara

Hi cumbria,

The square in Bugibba is only short stroll along the prom, lots of entertainment for younger end at evenings ,

As already said tranport for Paceville near hand

Enjoy Mike

cumbria
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: nightlife in and around Qwara

Thanks so much for all your help. I feel reassured that there is plenty to do to meet all our needs and I take it that it is safe for the children to be out at night alone.(not that they are children any more really) We go on Tuesday. My elderly parents, two teenagers and me. Wish me luck Lol.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nightlife in and around Qwara

It's very safe to be out late etc. As long as they are sensible in themselves there is surprisingly few incidents despite the ammount of alcohol consumed.

Once they meet a few people it will be difficult for you to want to hold them back. I'm very protective about my kids and they have grown up over the years being able to enjoy the freedom Malta allows. How starkly different from home here.

8. Re: nightlife in and around Qwara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2009, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta