We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with fireworks

luton
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
help with fireworks

hi we want to go to the fireworks at lija on the 5th August does anyone know the best place to park and see them please

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,909 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with fireworks

Lija is a village about a mile from Mosta. There is not a proper car park but once again if you drive around you will find somewhere to park. Finding the fireworks will not be a problem. Just mix in and follow the crowds and that will lead you to the right place. Lija is not a very big village and the church, the centre of activities at the festas, is in the centre. It is all very easy I can assure you.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with fireworks

As far as I know the festa at Lija is on 6th August so just check this out before you go to Lija on the 5th. Maybe Hat or 643amc, who both live in Malta, can verify this

london
Level Contributor
564 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with fireworks

hi are the fireworks still going on in september,going on the 1st.lynne thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,789 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with fireworks

Have a look here for a list of Festas in September. Where there's a Festa there are fireworks.

www.whatson.com.mt/index.php…

If you are still in Mellieha on the 8th September, there is a festa there, which I would imagine would be a good one.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help with fireworks

I usually am standing within 5 feet of the lamppost in front of the Lija church to watch the fireworks .

viewmalta.tripod.com/images/lija_parish.jpg

the band is across the square , which is usually full to the brim .

You can park anywhere close by if you find parking ?

You will have to compete with the hundreds if not thousand of people who come to Lija for the feast .

Not sure I will be there , this year , as probably abroad ?

Enjoy the fireworks .

Google " Salvatur Hal Lija " maybe You Tube!

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help with fireworks

If interested in fireworks go here

stmichaels-lija.com/photo_gallery/st_michael…

the photos are not showing on my pda , but maybe its something wrong with my programs , not the website ?

7. Re: help with fireworks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta