We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get to mellieha from the airport

luton
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
how to get to mellieha from the airport

hi please could someone help me with the best way to drive from the airport to mellieha please

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get to mellieha from the airport

Hi Diane

Our very own amc643 had written some instructions on google on how to get from the airport to Cirkewwa - Gozo ferry terminal. Mellieha is on the way to the terminal so you might find these directions useful. Have a look here

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,837 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get to mellieha from the airport

Out of airport to roundabout- straight over. Next junction turn left. Carry on down hill to next roundabout (at Qormi 1 mile) turn left. Keep going straight for aprox4 miles passing Zebbug and then with Mdina on the hill to your left. Follow signs to St Pauls Bay. At roundabout at Mosta turn left, down the hill, and through village of Burmerad to next roundabout at St Pauls Bay. Again turn left. dual carriageway.Next roundabout right. follow road and turn left at next roundabout. Up the hill at Xemxija carry straight on and foolow your nose straight to Mellieha. It is much easier than it may appear. Good luck. Graham.

boltonuk
Level Contributor
128 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get to mellieha from the airport

If you get lost or are unsure follow signs to Gozo.

you will have to pass through Mellieha.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get to mellieha from the airport

Hi Twirl

Thanks for the compliment.

Hi Diane

If you are following signs , look for Gozo or Cirkewwa .The link to my google map shows a road which is well light at night and well signposted .

Leaving the airport , head towards Mdina , and once past Mdina follow signs to Gozo, Mellieha is the village up the steep winding hill road.

Cannot go wrong .

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how to get to mellieha from the airport

Hi Twirl

Thanks for reminding me of my googlemap , I will try to add some more directions in it , later.Hard to believe but 1792 people have viewed it !!!

Maybe you,Hat and Scuba could give me some hints or give me a hand in adding more directions ?

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how to get to mellieha from the airport

643 - very useful map, it's easier to visualise the route when you see it on a map. Maybe you could write directions down too so that tourist would have both the map and the actual directions.

I only ever drive to Cirkewwa along the coast road from Sliema so don't really know your route. Scubapro probably does though

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
42,469 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how to get to mellieha from the airport

I too usually use the coast road from the airport to Mellieha. Just follow the Gozo signs. I returned the "inland" route but to be honest there was little difference in time.

8. Re: how to get to mellieha from the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta
Recent Conversations