We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

glasgow flights for 2010

lanarkshire
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
glasgow flights for 2010

Once again glasgow has been left off the flight list for summer 2010 at the moment why is this the same every year

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: glasgow flights for 2010

Are you referring to Air Malta scheduled flights? I presume you should be able to get charter flights from Glasgow in Summer 2010. Ryanair go from Edinburgh - that is if you want to fly Ryanair as a lot don't

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: glasgow flights for 2010

As Twirl told you , a scheduled service may be unprofitable to an airline , but a charter flight series may be available if the request is made by the operators.

Flying empty planes from one country to another does not pay off....sorry !!

Try your travel agent for charter flights ???

lanarkshire
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: glasgow flights for 2010

i have just booked one week in malta 26th dec to 2nd jan we are flying from manchester i phoned malta direct to ask about winter flights from scotland they said winter flights from scotland had been cancelled ryan air is fully booked at christmas i dont really fancy going with them anyway we came back from malta 31st aug and alot of empty seats on glasgow flight so it looks like if you really want to go to malta you have to go to england for flight i was not aware it was same for summer as i have not got summer brochure yet

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: glasgow flights for 2010

I did a bit of research and found out that there were charters by different operators out of Glasgow to Malta this Summer namely

On a Tuesday May to October

AIRTOURS

DIRECT HOLIDAYS

PANORAMA HOLIDAYS

SUNSET HOLIDAYS

THOMAS COOK

The alternative would be a connecting flight via Manchester or Heathrow .I agree that this may prove to be an expensive and tiresome option ...but!!!

lanarkshire
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: glasgow flights for 2010

thank you for info on glasgow flights tues flights are not very good as was monday ones this year we both work and its a problem needing extra time of i think if there were weekend flights maybe more people would try malta as it is were hooked on malta and are willing to travel south to england see what malta direct has in summer brouchure last year they put on a flight from glasgow for christmas and new year and it was full a lot of maltese people on flight its not just us tourists that suffer maltese do as well trying to get home for festive holiday

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: glasgow flights for 2010

I will stop posting on this subject as find it contrary to the scope of this forum .

A simple search on the internet with "glasgow to malta flights 2010" would have given you your options.

www.airfaresflights.co.uk/cheap/Luga/Glasgow/

Plan ahead and enjoy your Malta holiday at value for money.

lanarkshire
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: glasgow flights for 2010

I was complaining about air malta once again leaving glasgow to last when deciding if they will run a flight from here. The prices they offer are far better than any of the others mentioned.

lanarkshire
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: glasgow flights for 2010

agree with you sib coded flights duration 9 hours to malta i have not had malta direct brochure yet for summer they do flight only will send you a personal message when i have more info

9. Re: glasgow flights for 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 November 2009, 22:39
10. Re: glasgow flights for 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta