We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with travel plans in Malta

London
3 posts
Save Topic
Help with travel plans in Malta

Hey,

I'm travelling to Malta for 4 days in mid June with my gf, staying at the Radisson by St. Julians. We are planning to go to Gozo for a day trip, are there any nice and quiet beaches you can recommend?

Can someone also recommend a nice and moderately price restaurant for a romantic meal?

Any other suggestions about where is good to go or places to eat will be much appreciated, bearing in mind we only have about 4 days and won't be renting a car.

Thanks in advance.

Nelson

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,400 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with travel plans in Malta

Hi Nelson.

I repeat what i have said on this forum before that if you want an excellent meal try the IL BARI restaurant in the village of Mgarr about 2 miles from Golden Bay .

The food is great , the portions huge ,the wine is cheap and the prices cheap. There will be very few tourists so you can enjoy the nice atmosphere among lots of locals.

Have a great time

Graham.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,236 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with travel plans in Malta

A nice quiet restaurant try Peperoncino 8 Bay Street Balluta Bay St.Julians on the road behind the Le Meridan hotel phone 00356 21 388872 about €80 including wine or the Barracuda also in St Julians.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with travel plans in Malta

As you are in St Julians I would recommend Blue Elephant (Thai Cuisine) – 00 356 21383383 Hilton Hotel Portomaso, St Julians Costs about € 45 per head with wine

Have a fantastic holiday

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with travel plans in Malta

while agreeing with Mac that Blue elephant is a very good restaurant , it is not moderately priced , you pay for good quality food ! Also agree with Graham that Il Barri is a good place to visit if in Malta , but the location does not suit you , hard luck !

I have never tried Peperoncino , but would recommend The Kitchen on Tower road Sliema near the tower , good food , quiet atmosphere , personal attention and usually not very busy , just the right place for a romantic candillit dinner :-)

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with travel plans in Malta

In St Julians I would recommend San Guiliano overlooking Spinola Bay for a romantic setting, ask for a table overlooking the Bay. Also in the passageway behind (in the direction of the Hilton) Lulu's is very good and perfect for a romantic dinner, although with no sea views. These are both what I consider mid range. More expensive, you can't beat Zest at the Hotel Juliani which is my favourite restaurant in the area (and possibly the whole island).

London, United...
Level Contributor
941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with travel plans in Malta

The best quiet beach in Gozo i 'd recommend is San Blas bay....and for a romantic restaurant i would go to Cima in Xlendi bay.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with travel plans in Malta

There are loads of restaurants nearby.

Paparazzi on the hill up from Spinola Bay is popular but definately not romantic.

If you walk down by the bay you should find more quiet ones.

Have a look at www.starwebmalta.com and www.visitpaceville.com

Also have a look at the Top Questions on the right.

We liked Tana del Lupo in Paceville - a small Italian restaurant.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with travel plans in Malta

I'd second Peperoncino, food is very good but romantic? and moderately priced, maybe not. Giuliani is in a very nice setting and the food is good. Another one to try could be La Terrazza, a bit further along the bay from Giuliani, also on the seafront and with an outside terrace.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,236 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with travel plans in Malta

Get a copy of Events this little book gives you all the bus routes maps restaurants exhibitions its free I think you can get it in the airport when you are waiting for your case. A restaurant called Mint on the road from StJulians to Sliema is a good spot for lunch and if you are going to the Kitchen you may need to book. You can get the bus to Gozo return fare including the Ferry cost €9.00 each that is bus 1.16 ferry 4.95 bus in Gozo .47 each way and return bus 1.16.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with travel plans in Malta

You can also get 'Events' from the Tourist Office near the car hire stands.

Other good booklets and brochures are available from the site www.visitmalta.com - just go to videos and downloads.

Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta