We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Malta early October...

Level Contributor
77 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Malta early October...

I am going to Malta in October and I am so excited! It looks incredible and I can't wait. I have lots of time to do research but I'm hoping someone can answer a few questions I have. I know we're traveling on the shoulder season but I hope it will still be beach weather, I will be there the first week of October, any thoughts? I'm also curious about accommodations. Would you recommend a hotel or renting a house? If anyone feels so inclined, I would love to hear about your time in Malta! Thanks :)

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,736 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Malta early October...

Hi.

Weather can`t be guaranteed but early October is usually nice and hot / sunny.

If it does rain it doesn`t usually last very long ---- soon drying up.

As for accomodation, I would prefer an hotel ---- do you really want to do any work while on holiday ?

You should get a reasonable deal ------ try Malta Choice holidays or Chevron ---- both do good prices.

A good area for you would be St Julians or Sliema. These areas have a good choice of hotels, plenty of restaurants and bars and excellent bus service to the rest of Malta.

Have a great time

Graham.

Level Contributor
77 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Malta early October...

Thank you for the information! We would like to be able to go to the beach every day and enjoy nice dinners and night clubs in the evening so we will probably take your advise. Thanks!

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Malta early October...

I agree with Graham, Sliema or St Julian's should suit you. Should still be warm enough for the beach. Just one thing to add, beaches here are rocky beaches except for a small one at St George's Bay (St Julian's). Sandy beaches are generally in the north of the island but there's nothing stopping you getting a bus to the beach, there are direct buses from St Julian's.

You might wonder, why not stay in the North then? You could but I think there is more going in in Sliema and St Julian's especially since the main season is over by then

Level Contributor
77 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Malta early October...

Thanks so much! I really appreciate your input. Any suggestions on great restaurants or night clubs?

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,282 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Malta early October...

There is a small sandy beach in St Julians which won't be crowded in October. If you stay in St Julians there are direct buses to the larger sandy beaches

Have a look at the Top Questions regarding beaches on the right

www.maltabybus.com www.atp.com.mt

When my kids were young they were still swimming when school started at beg. October or end Sep.

The beaches in Sliema and St Julian are limestone with smooth patches for sunbathing. There are also lido's and pools.

6. Re: Going to Malta early October...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta