We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to propose?

Oxford
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where to propose?

Hi all,

I'm off to Malta next week and planning to propose to my girlfriend whilst we're there. Can anyone recommend any nice little romantic places to do this? We'll be travelling about a bit whilst we're there but will be based at Hotel Juliani..

Thanks! :)

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,745 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to propose?

The Upper Baracca Gardens in Valletta with it`s beautifull views over the Grand Harbour and the Three Cities.

It is a wonderfull spot.

Good luck ! !

Graham.

Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to propose?

"Where to propose?"

Down on one knee is the norm lol, a romantic place to do this would be overlooking the sea at peacefull Dingli Cliffs, or at San Anton Gardens in Attard,or at the Cittadella in Rabat Ghawdex, or better still the fabulous Lunzjata Valley in Kercem Ghawdex, I proposed to Mrs Siggiewi4 on the halfpenny bridge in Dublin and she was that befuddled with Guinness and powers gold whiskey she said yes and we have never looked back, good luck and all the best.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,675 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to propose?

As my Avatar suggests I would choose Mdina , the Silent city and there are two places I would choose , the rooftop restaurant at the Xara Palace hotel or the Fontanella Tea Garden

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/9827391

tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotos-g190324-d10…

A quiet walk in moonlight medieval narrow streets , followed by a fine meal with Maltese wine and a magnificent night view should set the mood !

Good Luck

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,675 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to propose?

If you want a great view , watching the sun set into the sea , take your loved one to Dingli cliffs and take a seat behind the Cliff Chapel with the viewing gallery

www.waymarking.com/gallery/image.aspx…

there is a photo of the view but I will try to find a better one .

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,675 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to propose?

Not exactly from there but it gives you an idea of the view

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43532600@N08/4086327957/lightbox/

enjoy

Copy and paste it into your browser for the photo ...ot is not working direct !

Edited: 06 September 2010, 18:55
Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to propose?

But if you do go to Dingli cliffs best to go in daylight as in the late evenings as it's going dark, one could find lots of young Maltese couples becoming very special chums in cars, living on the fruits of love is one thing but I wish they didn't keep leaving the skins behind if you get my drift.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,675 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to propose?

Siggiewi

I agree with you , but this is not the place to get the message to the intended culprits :-)

Also , is that a Vespa or a Lambretta ? in your Avatar ...I used to have a 250 Vespa some 40 years ago and if You are free to do what you want , you can let everyone else too :-)

The cars are usually parked further than the church closer to the Bobbyland bar , which serves hot cappucinos on a cold winter night and can be romantic if you are in the mood :-)

End of The Love story

Oxford
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to propose?

Hah! *noted*

Oxford
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to propose?

I've had a look at the travel info but am unsure how late buses run - if we're off having a meal somewhere, will getting back to the hotel be easy enough?

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,675 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to propose?

Buses do not run later than 9:30 or 10:00.