We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Julians

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
St Julians

I'm heading over to Malta from 27th - 30th December, main reason is to see a friend I have over there.

Will be my first time there so wouldn't really know where to start looking, ill be staying there 3 nights so Ideally i don't really want to spend more than 50 a night for a hotel.

Not really fussed about quality/standards but i'd obviously want it to be within reason! (Won't really be in the hotel other than to sleep)

Any advice/help on good places to stay would be greatly appreciated

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,220 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Julians

Had a quick look at Booking.com site and found several hotels that would suit you very nicely around Sliema St Julians and St Georges Bay all around €50 per day and if you wanted to go a bit furthur out you can get nice hotels for less . I would suggest somewhere like the Preunla in Sliema handy for the Bus and within easy reach of most parts of the island.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Julians

If you are not worried about quality and standards, that I mean by new furniture fittings carpets, and being tucked up in bed every night, but looking for clean and comfortable,just to get your head down, cheap and in a quiet road, yet with all this> within 5 minutes walk, bus station to anywhere on the Island, sea and promenade, best restaurants and bars, best super market, and some of the most expensive properties in malta QAWRA POINT try the QAWRA INN 12 euros a night and I think that is including breakfast. Choose a room over looking TAMAR STREET you will get the sun all afternoon, this huge hotel is in a quiet prime position, in the past it has had bad write ups, but I drive past every day and every one looks happy and for that price I would be, as it is in a good spot. Now at that price 36 euros 50 cents for 3 nights is better than paying 150 euros you could go and see your mate in ST JULIANS by bus, and come home by taxi 10 /15 euros, or your mate could visit you in QAWRA, and save your self a lot of cash. KNOWKATS only give honest opinions, and TRUE FACTS have nothing to do with QAWRA INN have a wonderful time in MALTA.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Julians

Does your friend live in St Julians ? There are hotels of all prices there eg Alfonso which is very central Have a look at the Top Question on the right

liverpool
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Julians

You don't mention your age or what you're planning to do.

If you will be painting the town red for the 3 nights I wouldn't be staying outside St Julians, even Sliema (next door) is a pain in the backside to get to at 3 in the morning - you'll spend an hour walking along the front in zig zags, be waiting half an hour at Wembleys for a cab or getting ripped off by a white cab (and you WILL pay the €20-25 quoted for a 5 minute drive if bevvied and desperate for a bed).

If you're not painting the town red, Sliema's fine, wouldn't be tempted by Qawra though - 20 minute drive and more, All imho of course.

5. Re: St Julians

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2011, 06:50
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta