We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island of Gozo or Island of Malta

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Island of Gozo or Island of Malta

My wife and I plan to visit Malta in first week of March. I am not able to decide which is a better place to stay, Island of Gozo or Island of Malta? We would like nice beaches and more closer to nature. If we stay in Gozo, is Malta easily commutable?

Thanks,

Chandan

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island of Gozo or Island of Malta

Whatever you decide on I think there will have to be a compromise.

Gozo is a lot quieter than Malta but does have the better scenery.

As for commutable? Well technically yes it is but on the minus side you would need a car to make it viable as a commute. Therein lies the problem unless you have a good budget or have a Gozian ID card ... it can work out quite expensive island hopping especially with the car. (this is usung the word "commute" literally). If you want to travel between the two on a couple of occasions then you are doing no more than most other tourist do. Travelling between the 2 though is simplicity itself.

My obvious preference is Malta but if I wanted to frequently visit Gozo I would say somewhere in or near Mellieha or at Golden Bay.

Other TA's will give you a few good ideas for Gozo

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island of Gozo or Island of Malta

You say that you would like nice beaches. First week of March is way too early for swimming, the sea will still be pretty cold. You might be lucky and have nice weather with no wind and might be able to sunbathe but if it's cloudy and or windy even sunbathing might not be possible. I realise that everyone is different and what might be cold to me might not be cold to others but I don't want you visiting expecting 'summer' and be disappointed

3. Re: Island of Gozo or Island of Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2012, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta