We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Dolmen by the Sea

Level Contributor
220 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Club Dolmen by the Sea

I have just booked here for July, seen lots of mixed reviews but will keep my fingers crossed!! It seems like half hotel and half timeshare apartments, I have booked in the latter, and are staying in block D, hoping this is the refurbished one.

I would appreciate any comments, recommendations for restaurants etc. I like eating 'local food', and would like to do a trip to Gozo as well. I believe the weekly bus ticket at 14 euro is good to get.

Level Contributor
1,493 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Dolmen by the Sea

I found from a tiny, tiny link to a club Dolmen site that it is indeed the Dolmen Hotel given above.

I went looking because I was curious as to what, on this forum, is the difference between the "Island of Malta" and "Malta".

Your query could also have been placed in the Qawra, or Buggiba.

If you don't get much response you might consider re-posting to one of those.

The Myoka spa, which I reviewed earlier this month seems to be attached.

Edited: 27 May 2011, 19:45
Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Dolmen by the Sea

Have you had your holiday to club dolmen by the sea, what did you think of it?

Level Contributor
220 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Dolmen by the Sea

Hi yes had holiday, been back two weeks now.

I found the timeshare apartments very dated, and the seemed to be the poor relation to the hotel. The entertainment was not to my taste, from the brochure it appeared to be catering towards trendy thirty-something's, but it was more for families in the day and older people at night.

We used the hotel as a base and ate out every night. We loved Malta and would go again, but would stay in St Julian's.

Are you planning a trip?

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Dolmen by the Sea

Hi, booked a room at the hotel for next month. I have friends staying at the timeshare. Are they in proximity to one another? Thank you for any help you can provide.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Dolmen by the Sea

mrj726. The Dolmen is a large hotel with some 400 rooms so I think you would be extremely lucky to find you have a room near to your friends. Why not email the hotel (reservations@dolmen.com.mt) giving them details of both the timeshare and your booking and ask if possible to have rooms in proximity to one another.

Enjoy your holiday on the lovely island of Malta.

6. Re: Club Dolmen by the Sea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2012, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta