We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best resort for family with 3 year old?

Haltwhistle, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best resort for family with 3 year old?

Hi

My partner and i and our 3 year old daughter are planning for Malta early September. Can anyone recommend the best resort to stay? We love the beach and enjoy dining out on the local food.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Malta
Malta
Europe
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
11,225 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best resort for family with 3 year old?

As you seem to need a good beach I would say your best choice would be Mellieha.

This is at the north of the island and has the best and largest beach in Malta.

There are several cafes and bars near the beach and the actual village of Mellieha has a good selection of restaurants.

A regular bus service will take you all over and the ferry to Gozo is only a few minutes away.

The Mellieha Bay Hotel is very popular and fairly close and the Seabank Hotel is just across the road from the beach.

Hope you have a good holiday.

Graham

Mentioned in this post
Mellieha
Mellieha
Island of Malta, Malta
Malta
Malta
Europe
Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best resort for family with 3 year old?

If you are looking for a hotel at Mellieha Bay, I would recommend the Mellieha Bay Hotel, this is a lovely family hotel ideally situated, with its own small sandy beach and 2 large outdoor pools. The hotel boasts of a night club, kids club (although your 3 year old may be too young) and water sports facilities, including water skiing, scuba diving, windsurfing and jet skis. The staff are all very friendly and this hotel is geared towards kids. This hotel is very safe for kids, as you cannot wander off from the beach to any public areas, the only really way out is through reception.

We took our daughter there just about every year from when she was 6 months old to when she was 10 in 2007, now we stay at the Radisson at Golden Bay.

Mentioned in this post
Golden Bay
Golden Bay
748 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
3. Re: Best resort for family with 3 year old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 June 2011, 18:35
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best resort for family with 3 year old?

Best hotel in Mellieha Bay is the riu seabank great hotel stayed there 3 times good everytime Belinda and the animation team are amazing

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,316 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best resort for family with 3 year old?

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g230152-i1509-Mell…

I've heard the Mellieha Holiday Village is also worth having a look at. The forum above had Top Questions that should give you the info you need

6. Re: Best resort for family with 3 year old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 08:22
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta