We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how busy?

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
how busy?

hello,

i'm planning a holiday towards the end of sept and was wondering how busy mellieha would be, will the hotels still be full, restaurants packed etc.

cheers

jonny

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how busy?

Hi Jonny

Don't forget that Malta is not just a tourist island but locals also live there and locals eat out and take holidays on the island. These days I would say Malta is an all-year-round island. September will not be as busy as say June/July/August as children are back at school but if a restaurant/hotel does not have many diners/guests I would be a little worried as I think same applies all over the world eg if not frequented ask why? Also need other guests to give an atmosphere. Enjoy planning your holiday and also your holiday.

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how busy?

thank you

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how busy?

By the end of September Mellieha will be quieter. Schools would have started by then so hotels should be quiter, the beach will also be much quieter as most locals will have stopped swimming - might be a bit busier at the weekend if the weather is nice. Restaurants will also be quieter as there will be less tourists around

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how busy?

september is definitely a quieter month for sure so you will have the pick of the bars cafes and restaurants...and the lovely beach shouldnt be too bad.... and any locals who are still swimming then will tend to do so either early morning or a bit later in the day....

Edited: 18 August 2011, 08:19
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how busy?

Am I right to think that boat trips from Millleiha Jetty to Comino only operate during peak summer. (June/July/August)?

Will be visiting in mid September, and would like to go to Comino, ideally on board The English Rose.

Would also like any info on bus services from Airport to Valletta (or if there is a direct new service airport to Millieha.

Many thanks in advance.

Cas

Warrington
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: how busy?

Oh Cas don't say that.. I'm heading over on 10th of sept and really wanted to go to blue lagoon as suggested by the forum too!!!

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how busy?

cheers guys,

the blue lagoon is a trip im really looking forward to so fingers crossed it will happen, i'm sure it will.

liking that getting a table will be easy.

cheers again

jonny

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how busy?

Good news,

I' ve just found out that the English Rose will still sails from Millihea to Comino during September, and even October. (An still 12 euro)

I have their contact details:

Tel: 00 356 9949 5842

e-mail: englishrosecruises@gmail.com

www.englishrosecruises.com

Looking forward to it !!!!.

Happy cruising

Cas

Warrington
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: how busy?

Oh Cas you are a star! Thanks for finding that out. So looking forward to it! When do you go over to Malta?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how busy?

Farina,

I haven't got a date yet. But as a solo traveller I normally leave it till to the last minute to see if i can get any bargains. The dates I got in mind are between 05 and 19 of September. Finger scrossed!!!

Cas

Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta