We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euros back to Sterling in Malta

Greater London...
Level Contributor
151 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Euros back to Sterling in Malta

Hi there,

Does anyone know if its better to convert Euros back to Sterling in Malta?

The best rate I can get in UK is about €1.213 from No1 Currency Exchange (in most pawn shops!). Which considering you get €1.11 when buying Euros is pretty dire!

I normally get given money by relatives to bring stuff over etc, so end up with about €500!

Do you think I can beat €1.213 rate in Malta?

Edited: 13 August 2011, 11:17
Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Euros back to Sterling in Malta

If at all possible I wouldn't change them back as so many countries use Euros that I just use them on my next holiday. Saves losing so much on conversions.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
151 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Euros back to Sterling in Malta

I see your point, but I normally end up with €500 after various relatives etc have paid me! I can't really afford to sit on £400+ for a year!. Whats the rate in Malta?

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Euros back to Sterling in Malta

Bank of Valletta is quoting £0.9145 for 1 euro. That works out at 1.09 euros. Other places will quote different rates I'm sure so you had better know what you can get back in the UK and then compare whilst you are out there

4. Re: Euros back to Sterling in Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 04:15