We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 8th Sept 2011 a public holiday?

Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is 8th Sept 2011 a public holiday?

Hello - I am in Malta for a week commencing 6th Sept staying in Buggiba. According to my guidebook 8th Sept is a public holiday. Do the public buses and hoho buses run on that day? Is it worth going to Valetta for the celebrations (if the buses run) and would everything else (shops etc) in Valetta be open or closed?

Mentioned in this post
South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 8th Sept 2011 a public holiday?

Hi Uksisters. I can answer part of your query. 8 September is a public holiday in Malta as it is the Feast of Our Lady of Victories. The hoho buses operate a Sunday service on public holidays, eg half a day, just mornings. Enjoy your holiday on Malta.

Edited: 21 August 2011, 20:36
Mentioned in this post
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,685 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 8th Sept 2011 a public holiday?

Its worth going to Valletta as there will be a parade and marching band even if most shops will be closed , bars and restaurants will not .

Mentioned in this post
Valletta
Valletta
Island of Malta, Malta
Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 8th Sept 2011 a public holiday?

Thanks for that - will the public buses be running day? The hoho bus doesnt sound like a good option if it only runs in the morning.

4. Re: Is 8th Sept 2011 a public holiday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta