We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malta for single holiday at christmas

birmingham
Level Contributor
14 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
malta for single holiday at christmas

looking for somewhere different for crimbo [last year was marrakech]. know malta is full of history and good walking. as a solo traveller the wrong side of 40, any recommendations?

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,216 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: malta for single holiday at christmas

Malta would be perfect for your Christmas Holiday.

I have spent the last 13 christmases there in the Topaz Hotel in St Pauls Bay ( next to Bugibba )

There are lots of single people of both sexes come during winter and soon mix in ( if they want to )

There are lots of good walks and with all it`s history Malta would be a good choice.

As for where to stay it depends what you are lookink for . I stay where i do because it is very friendly and a lot of the same people seem to meet up every year. As I stay for a long time -- 3 months -- then price is important but if you are only staying a shorter time then there are some more upmarket hotels , but they are not usually so friendly.

The Maltese people really celebrate Christmas so there is a great atmosphere and the hotels lay on a good Christmas dinner .

Come and enjoy Malta.

Graham

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,216 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: malta for single holiday at christmas

By the way .

If you mean over 40 when you say the wrong side this is incorrect .

Over 40 is the RIGHT SIDE ----- Got it ????

That`s told you !!!!

Graham

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: malta for single holiday at christmas

Lots of bargains for stays in winter in Malta. I am on the wrong side of 50 and believe that Malta is one of the safest places to take a holiday , anywhere in this side of the planet .

People are friendly and you can go into a bar and make friends the first night if you are in the right mood !

Christmas is celebrated in all hotels with gala dinners and parties late into the next morning !

Better by far than Marrakesh IMHO .

If in doubt get a cheap ticket and come over for a weekend getaway , before deciding !

Welcome to Malta

Edited: 04 September 2011, 14:38
birmingham
Level Contributor
14 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: malta for single holiday at christmas

to spend that long there would be lovely but not sure work would be so keen! after being re-born [singleised] i have loved travelling but have to agree that i now realise upmarket hotels do not mix well with a single female who likes to get to know the locals if possible. just planning to be there for a week or so if i can manage it. so would be good to meet up maybe if i choose your favoured area. thanks for the help!

Allie

birmingham
Level Contributor
14 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: malta for single holiday at christmas

i know, i know! i'm having far more fun these days!

birmingham
Level Contributor
14 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: malta for single holiday at christmas

it does seem to cater for all ages. my father loved it [in his 70's], my nephew loves it [20] and i like to try diferent places and experience culture. i like the balls etc but have sometimes found it a struggle in the top hotels to mix as people seem to look down their noses at a single female 40 something as if i'm on the prowl.!

it does sound like a friendly place though if i get my hotel right!

thanks

Allie

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,216 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: malta for single holiday at christmas

As I said the Topaz is very friendly and I am sure you would feel at home.

Try ringing Freephone 08000917792 and speak to Vicky from Malta choice.

They always have some good deals but there always tends to be a premium for Xmas and New Year.

Graham

birmingham
Level Contributor
14 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: malta for single holiday at christmas

sounds like a plan!

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: malta for single holiday at christmas

The English ex-pats community hold various celebrations during the Christmas season.. Even if you are not religious the carol service is enjoyable

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,216 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: malta for single holiday at christmas

We will all make you feel at home over Christmas,

Graham

Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta