We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

interested in moving to Malta

Owego, New York
2 posts
Save Topic
interested in moving to Malta

Hi, I am interested in moving to Malta in the future and I was wondering if I could get some answers I have a few questions. I am 17 years old at the moment and I am entering the U.S. Army ROTC, I will be getting a bachelor's degree in criminal justice and I was wondering if that would be of any use in Malta? also I will have leadership experience because I plan on being a Military Police Officer and would have experience in leading,motivating and managing from my military background and expirence.would these skills help me find a job in Malta ? if so would I be limited to only law enforcement? thank you for reading my questions and thanks to those who reply.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: interested in moving to Malta

Hi Patrick ,

A very interesting post , on a travel forum , even if a bit out of place . I was 17 once , a long time ago , and will try to answer with some of my views .

As you have said , the most likely job for you after obtaining a bachelors degree in criminal justice would be in law enforcement , and the local government does employ a quantity of cadets regularly . You would qualify for a higher rank with your experience .

You may try to find a job as a manager in security with a local hotel or company , but these jobs are hard to come by and are usually filled by retired 45 year old ex police officers.

You MUST have a very good reason for heading to Malta from New York, but I fail to understand as in my experience I have met a lot of people who want to leave a small island community to try their luck in a large city like New York , not the other way round .

My opinion , may be a bit hard to swallow , but reality is what it is , and at present the local job market is not a very happy one with a recession looming on the horizon.

I would consider furthering my studies in the legal field possibly ? The Malta University has much to offer .

Good Luck and take care

2. Re: interested in moving to Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2012, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta