We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days on Malta

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
2 days on Malta

I have an older couple client visiting Malta in October for 2 nights. I have 2 questions. 1) I only see a late night flight from Sicily to Malta, is a ferry the best way during the day? 2) what location would be the best for a history loving couple? Thanks very much, Lynn

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days on Malta

Air Malta have flights from Catania which aren't late at night.

If the couple are here just for 2 nights then they could either stay in Valletta or the Phoenicia just outside in Floriana . Valletta has lots to interest them and there are buses to all Malta from there. Or else if they stay in Sliema/St. Julians there are more restaurants etc for the evenings and it's about 25 min away from Valletta.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days on Malta

Hi Hat

Since the Poster is talking about October , it may be true that Catania operates on days only in the evening as it is in the low season ?

I will check and come back , but probably too early to have a true schedule as flights are not yet programmed officially !

Dunwoody

Malta is a small island and both Valletta and Sliema offer good starting points for tours . I would suggest Valletta , if your couple do not have problems with walking, as Valletta can be cruel on the feet as very hilly !

Mdina also is an option in my opinion , but has little choice of accommodation .

3. Re: 2 days on Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta