We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malta Hop on Hop off buses

West Chicago...
1 post
Save Topic
Malta Hop on Hop off buses

We will be in Malta on 8/25 from the Celebrity Solstice Western Mediterranean cruise. We are docked from 8am - 5pm. We are considering the Malta Hop on Hop off bus, but cannot decide between the northern or southern route. Can anyone please advise as to which route is preferred. I am reading about the history of Malta, but can't get a handle on all the sites yet. Whichever one we choose, will they return in time for us to board? in addition one of the 6 of us (me) will be traveling with a prosthetic foot and a compact travel scooter. How accessible is Malta? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Malta
Malta
Europe
Wirral
Level Contributor
93 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malta Hop on Hop off buses

Last year we did the southern tour & without getting off I think it took about 2.5-3 hours. We took this tour as we stay in the North every year & so had visited most places. When we did the southern tour, again we visited a lot of places that we had been to over the years, but we visited Vittoriosa & Senglea, which we had never got to before.

Obviously it is your decision as to which tour you take, as you know what are your likes & dislikes. If you didn't want to get off the bus, you could try & do both (at a bit of a push, but possible). Whichever you choose, I'm sure you will enjoy the trip.

Enjoy your time in Malta

Mentioned in this post
Malta
Malta
Europe
England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
5,234 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malta Hop on Hop off buses

It really depends what you want to see. However Mdina is usually considered a must, in which case it has to be the North Tour.

Phil-the-Bus

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,528 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malta Hop on Hop off buses

Agree with phil have to be the North get a day ticket for the local buses as well cost about €3 then you can hop on one of them if you miss the hop on.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
596 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malta Hop on Hop off buses

Phil--the--bus, good advice, North tour best. for starters. KNOWKATS.

5. Re: Malta Hop on Hop off buses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta