We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Party scene in Malta

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Party scene in Malta

Hi everyone,

I am going to be in Malta from 15th August -22nd

I have been reading many posts in here and eVerything has been really helpful.

A couple of things to ask.

Is Malta Asian friendly and can we find Asian food there?

I've read that we should go to Paciville for partying. Can I expect it to be busy every night or only at the weekend ? Living in the UK and had been working very hard ,I really want to let my hair down and party as well as see as many things as I can in Malta.

Hopefully I will love it to much to make mind my up about residing there.

Thanks and hopefully see u all when I get there xxx

Cathy

Mentioned in this post
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Party scene in Malta

Cathy,

Is Malta Asian friendly and can we find Asian food there?

The answer is YES. Malta is one the safest holiday spot you can think of and and the Maltese people, in my book, are the friendliest you can come across. I am not sure of which Asian origin your are, but There are Chiness and Indians restaurants. Especailly on the coastal resorts.

For partying, there is no better lace than Paceville This is time of the year the place is buzzing everynight 7 days a week. The majority of crowda are mainly late teens to mid twenties. Word of caution,: Night buses tend to get full. You will need to think about your back to your hotel after partying.

To make the most of your time in Malta, get a weekly bus pass (12 euros). With this you will have you will have best value for money option to explore main land Malta by using the bus to get to anywhere, as often as you like and at anytime (till 11:00 pm) for 7 days.

Lastly, prepare yourself for serous heat. Daytime temperatures are well into 40s degrees, and even evenings are very warm. Apply plent of sun cream, stay close to shaded areas and always carry water with you. Avoid alcohol daytime, it can cause severe dehydriation.

Enjoy

Cas

x

Mentioned in this post
Paceville
Paceville
2,222 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
11,363 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Party scene in Malta

I think you will find Malta " Asian friendly ". In fact you will find Malta a friendly place to most people.

There are Indian , Chinese and Thai etc restaurants as well as Greek , Japanese, Turkish, Italian and every other nationality .

Paceville is fairly lively most nights but the weekends are the liveliest times.

, You will find plenty to see and do in Malta.

Don`t forget ------ Sun cream, a hat and LOTS of water during the day .

Keep the alcohol for evenings .

Sorry , I`m proberbly starting to sound like your dad !!!!

Graham

Mentioned in this post
Paceville
Paceville
2,222 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Party scene in Malta

No Graham,

You sound a man of wisdom!!!

Cheers

Cas

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
744 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Party scene in Malta

Hi Cathy,

Bus tickets cost €2.60 for a day which can be used to travel anywhere on the island and on any route untill 11pm. You can use your weekly bus pass which costs €12, to go anywhere on the island as many times as you like untill 11pm. After 11pm the night bus service starts, but these charge €2.50 for a single journey.

If you tell us where you are staying, I am sure our good friend 'Phil the Bus' will tell you the bus number you will need to get to Paceville, and the night bus home.

Have a good holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Paceville
Paceville
2,222 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Party scene in Malta

I am from Việt Nam but Thai food will do me :pp.

I will eat Maltese food all other time thou. Can u find food after clubbing ??

The Heat will make me eat loads so I better be prepared :p

I will be staying in the Grand excelsior in Valetta.

1 more question, if I buy a sim card from there can I use 3G on my phone? Will need map to get around

London, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Party scene in Malta

Hi Cathy,

Hope you had a lovely time in Malt.

I'm thinking of selecting Malta a party destination/holiday this summer and wanted to get your opinion if you thought it was a a good destination. I'm also of Asian descent. I've looking for a good cosmopolitan crowd.

Many thanks,

Edited: 06 May 2013, 18:20
Mentioned in this post
7. Re: Party scene in Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta