We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarkets

wales
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarkets

Hello we are going to the Radisson Blu at Golden Sands on Friday,getting very excited now as its our first visit to Malta.We are picking up a car at the airport and would like to know if there are any supermarkets on the way to the hotel as we will be staying in an apartment with kitchen and will need bread ,milk etc.

Thanks for any help

Wirral
Level Contributor
93 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarkets

There is a Lidl supermarket not far from the airport. If you turn left out of the airport, go straight over the roundabout. At the next roundabout/junction turn left. Continue to the second roundabout & turn right & Lidl is right there. Obviously it will depend on what time you get there as to whether they will still be open or not.

Hope you enjoy your stay

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarkets

Suggest you check in at the Radisson first, then go to Scotts supermarket:-

Supermarket Scotts http://www.scotts.com.mt/scotts/home.aspx

Burmarrad Burmarrad Road, (Triq Burmarrad); 21575180;

From the Radisson it is about 12 miuntes drive, go back onto the main road towards St Pauls, right at the first roundabout along the St Pauls bypass, right at the next roundabout and it is on the right 0.7KM from the roundabout by turning sign posted to Castello De Baron. It is the back of the supermarket that you see from the road, the entrance is round the back. The supermarket has a fantastic meat counter, bakery and fresh cheese counter on two floors.

Monday to Saturday 8am – 8pm, Sunday 8am to 11.30am

Edited: 02 September 2012, 21:48
Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarkets

Try Pavi in Qormi, it is a slight diversion on your way driving from Luqa to your hotel the biggest and best in Malta http://www.pavi.com.mt/EN.About_Us.aspx

4. Re: Supermarkets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 September 2012, 17:06
Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarkets

What makes you think that they will be driving through Burmaradd ?, the most direct route is Luqa to Mdina Road in Qormi, past Zebbug then towards Mgarr simples, no need to go right through the middle of the Island.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Supermarkets

Siggiewi4

I suggested that they check in first at the Radisson and then went to Scotts at Burmarrad.

As Cymraes63 has never been to the Radisson and therefore is on a promotional week I would recommend that they see what the accommodation includes in the way of a fridge before they stock up. Not all units have a kitchen area, last year we showered and changed in a lovely 1 bedroom country view unit but there were no kitchen facilities, other units have under worktop fridges and some have large fridges with a freezer section (although not big).

Due to missing a turn we landed up in going through Burmarrad on the way from the airport!

Chris (Macl1uk)

Edited: 03 September 2012, 19:01
Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Supermarkets

Hi Mac it was the other poster i was questioning not you as he was suggesting going to Burmaradd en route to the hotel, I knew what you meant as your post was good advice and made sense but his didn't although well meant of course.

wales
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Supermarkets

Thanks for all the replies. We have swopped a timeshare so know what we have as regards kitchen etc, it's nice to know there are so many options for shopping can't wait tip get there now!

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Supermarkets

Cymraes63

I still recommend that you check in first and check out the facilities as although you have swapped you may not be in the unit you expect. Also we were held up in checking in, we arrived at 4.30pm and everyone else on our flight had checked in by then, yet we had to wait until 5.15 before our apartment was ready. I would not like to have food sitting around all that time.

Scotts supermarket is the best in the area to the Radisson at Golden Bay.

Macl1uk

Haz-Zebbug, Malta
Level Contributor
64 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Supermarkets

I Agree with most of you.... Scotts supermarket is ideal for you, also you can try piscopo cash and carry at st paul's bay. (www.piscopo.com.mt)

Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta