We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Help

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon Help

I'm trying to find a place in Malta for my honeymoon. I've used the Google, but there's SO much info on fifty million places, its hard for me to filter out the garbage. So, if someone or ones could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!

OK, we are both in our mid 20's and considered "old" by our friends (not really in to clubbing and heavy drinking). We would like somewhere peaceful with minimal children; also a nice beach close by would be nice too but also not essential as I'm renting a car (at least plan to) We like hiking and swimming, taking photos, eating good food and basically bumming around enjoying not being at work and with each other.

I'd like to stay between 8 - 10 days, and not spend too much more than about €3100 (roughly $4000 USD, and thats not including airfare, just hotel). I'm very picky about hotels so the more modern the better (I'm addicted to the internet......seriously.....I tweek).

Again, any help is welcome with open arms and I promise to pay to forward! Thanks

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Help

Malta's currency is the euro!! There's a great difference between Malta and Minorca (your other OP)!! Presume you've read the top questions about Island of Malta, FAQ - where should I stay while in Malta?

What time of year is your honeymoon? This could make a difference to suggestions. As you would like somewhere peaceful have a look at the Radisson at Golden Bay. It is very isolated but some rooms have seaviews, it overlooks one of the islands best beaches and part of the beach is private to the Radisson. As you are planning to hire a car transport will not be a problem as you will easily be able to visit other parts of the island. Also you can walk in the countryside near the hotel. Enjoy your research on both islands and your eventual honeymoon.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Help

lol yeah I'm playing the two island for the better one. We would like to got sometime in August, still warm but near the end of the tourist season

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Help

If you are considering the Radisson at Golden Bay I would suggest that you consider renting a timeshare apartment through Silverpoint Travel Limited, 1-5 High Street, Romford, Essex, RM1 1JU, UK

01708 738118

0845 601 8846

http://www.silverpointtravelltd.com

Vanessa Hay – vanessa.hay@silverpointtravel.com

This will be far cheaper than renting a room through the Radisson and will give you more choice of suites, then you would have more money to spend on other things.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Help

"We would like to got sometime in August, still warm but near the end of the tourist season"

Kristoffer-Edwin: In reply to your above sentence, Malta is an all-year round holiday destination so August is not near the end of the tourist season. Also in August Malta is not just warm it is absolutely boiling hot. Enjoy.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Help

August will be more than warm. This year temperatures spiked at over 50 degrees. Also August is the peak family holiday season so a beach hotel will have it's highest under 18 occupancy of the year during that month. It's probably impossible to reconcile your need for minimal children with a need to have hotel accomodation near a beach. You might want to consider staying away from a tourist hotspot/resort and travel to a beach. That way when the kids start to get on your nerves you can up sticks and head for home. Try the South of the island. Marsaxlokk, Valletta and the Three Cities. Hotels wise there's the Phoenicia in Valletta. There's a 5 star hotel under construction now in Vittoriosa which should be finished soon and a smaller exclusive boutique hotel also in Vittoriosa called the Palazzo - also under construction now. Or go self catering total freedom and no kids.

Mdina, Malta
Level Contributor
916 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Help

I too suggest the Radisson Golden Sands in Malta especially since you will have a car. However, do consider the Kepinski Hotel on Gozo.

Enjoy

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon Help

You say you want modern, otherwise I would also suggest you take a look at the Grand Hotel Excelsior in Floriana, the Xara Palace in Mdina or the Corinthia Palace Hotel, Attard. None of hese is overun by children

You also say you like hiking - then forget August! It's blisteringly hot and humid! Radisson Golden Sands is ok, but if you would also like to stroll out in the evenings and drop into a bar, then it is remote except by car.

8. Re: Honeymoon Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta