We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drifter Car Hire - Malta

Lisboa, Portugal
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Drifter Car Hire - Malta

DO NOT USE DRIFTER CAR HIRE!!!

They almost force you to make an extra insurance with you and the prices that you see in the internet aren't the same that they real do.

Be carefull!!!

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drifter Car Hire - Malta

Yet another first poster!!!!!

Lisboa, Portugal
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drifter Car Hire - Malta

What do you mean about that?

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drifter Car Hire - Malta

I mean that many companies are in competition with each other, and it has been known that that (can I say that) competition trashes its competitors with a plant - I suspect that you are such a plant!!

Many first posters are, I assume you to understand.

Why on earth have'nt you made any previous postings?????

Edited: 03 October 2012, 22:38
Lisboa, Portugal
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drifter Car Hire - Malta

Because I really felt tricked by that company!!!

If you see, i did many posts today, but some are yet to be aproved.

And there is no previous post about this company, i thought that people should be warned.

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Drifter Car Hire - Malta

Shembo,

Why accuse Domingosk9 of being a plant because this is his/her first post. Domingosk9 made a valid point when he/she said that nobody had made any good comments about Drifter before, so there is no reason for any other company to make such a statement. Every poster has to start sometime. Cast your mind back to August 2009 when a certain Shembo was singing the praises of a company named 'Holiday Lettings'. Nobody accused you of being a member of their staff. It works both ways.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drifter Car Hire - Malta

Drifter are expensive, there are better options. Renting from the airport, pre-booked with your own annual policy for excess cover is a great way to secure modern cars and best value car hire.

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drifter Car Hire - Malta

Hi Crepello,

My post to which you refer was in response to a question - not a first post 'singing praises' - the two are completely different.

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drifter Car Hire - Malta

It does indeed work two ways Crepello, I have just checked your first post wherein you 'sing the praises' of a certain hotel - however, like my post, it was in response to a question.

wales uk
Level Contributor
53 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drifter Car Hire - Malta

We have used drifter, and wouldn't go near them with a barge pole again. I am not a first poster, and have visited Malta the last 8 years. I thought this forum let everyone express their experiences.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drifter Car Hire - Malta

We used drifter a couple of times when we were in mellieha in July. No complaints and I thought they were reasonably priced.

I do understand that the next journey could be a bad experience though so its the luck of the draw really.

The only 2 companies that I use regularly in st julians though are kevins taxis and wembley. We prefer Kevin but sometime walk into the wembley office for a quick cab. These 2 are consistently good and they get a lot of good recommendations from people on here.

Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta