We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used this airport transfer company?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
23 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone used this airport transfer company?

I have seen a few bad reviews of various transfer companies.

Has any used http://www.maltaairporttransfers.com/ ? And would be willing to provide an independent opinion? Really don't want to get ripped off!

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,551 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone used this airport transfer company?

I have used them several times in the past but have a look at the local buses from airport if you are going to Valetta or Sliema you get the x2 but Malta transfer are very good the have a base in the airport to your left as you come out onto the arrivals hall with a waiting room etc they cost about €7.00 each way per person.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
23 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone used this airport transfer company?

Thank you very much for the reply. We are going to St Julians but we arrive late and I think we will go for the transfer.

Thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
Saint Julian's
Saint Julian's
Island of Malta, Malta
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
471 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone used this airport transfer company?

how much is it in a taxi to St Julians?

Mentioned in this post
Saint Julian's
Saint Julian's
Island of Malta, Malta
Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone used this airport transfer company?

Taxi to st julians approx 20 euro. Well worth it as you are there in 20 mins. Just walk to the taxi booth located in the left corner of arrivals tell them where you are going, pay the dues and give your ticket to the first taxi in the que. Very simple method.

If there are more than 4 people drop an email to kevintaxi@hotmail.com with your flight details and they will pick you up. Best taxi firm on the island without a doubt. They have cars and a small mini bus. Then take their business card and use them whilst you are there as well. Used them many times and never been let down.

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone used this airport transfer company?

Hi

i usually book my airport transfers online at www.kwlrentacar.net they are always on time and cheap

6. Re: Has anyone used this airport transfer company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2013, 11:34
Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone used this airport transfer company?

I left this review about the site you mention on another holiday forum in May 2011 :-

"We used maltaairporttransfers.com operated by Zarb Coaches this May with a private "cab" from airport to hotel and return. It was booked five months in advance.

On arriving at the airport in Malta although we were 20 minutes early the driver was already waiting for us with a name sign and even allowed my partner to grab a quick smoke before we set off. The transport was a small minibus and was a nice journey with the driver handing us some information bookletts for May which became invaluable throughout the holiday. He pointed out Mdina on the way and everything went smooth.

The return journey was less than pleasing. We had to ring up and confirm the return journey 48 hours in advance, although the driver on the way to the hotel said 24 hours but to make sure we went with what it said on our booking form. The guy on the other end of the line had a hard time understanding english but he said it was only needed to be confirmed 24 hours before. To cut a long story short I don't see why we had to confirm this anyway because we had paid for the return transfer 5 months earlier so of course we would want the trips both to the hotel and the return journey :)

The return journey was a bit of a nightmare. Considering we had booked this five months earlier after 10 minutes of being late I rang up and they told us it was "on the way", 10 minutes later it arrived. So in total a 20 minute late driver. Not so bad if you're arriving at the airport but for a journey to the airport getting there in good time is needed. Next came the nigel mansell of Malta, driving like a maniac the whole way probably to make up the 20 minute lateness. Using his phone multiple times and overtaking at any opportunity. Sure Maltese drivers are a bit crazy but when you're carrying passengers for a taxi firm then you should have some consideration... our arriving driver had that courtesy so there is no reason why the return driver couldn't.

Based on the return journey alone we would not use this company again which is a shame as the arriving journey was flawless."

Mentioned in this post
Mdina
Mdina
Island of Malta, Malta
8. Re: Has anyone used this airport transfer company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 January 2013, 20:35
Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone used this airport transfer company?

^ ^

For gods sake give it a rest.

Gzira
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone used this airport transfer company?

the desk at the airport is of maltatransfer.com ltd and not of maltaairporttransfers.com

Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta