We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire charges for a second driver

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
3,999 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire charges for a second driver

Are there any companies that don't do this?

Greater London...
Level Contributor
150 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire charges for a second driver

I doubt anywhere in Malta iself does, however if you book from the UK , Economy Car Hire offer a 2nd driver free. They tend to use Aquarius Car Hire and Budget.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire charges for a second driver

I have found that Princess Car Hire do not charge for a second driver, this will be my third year of using them. Their service is fantastic and someone is always there at the airport waiting for us to come through the custom doors. 00 356 21371939 or 21371939

http://www.princesscarhire.com

info@princesscarhire.com

I have booked for August 2013 a Diahatsu Sirion 5drs with air condition and all extras, 2 driver, excess €120, cost €23.4 per day + €20 airport delivery/collection total cost €347.60 collect/deliver at airport. No advance payment required.

Macl1uk

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
3,999 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire charges for a second driver

thank you I will have a look

Greater London...
Level Contributor
150 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire charges for a second driver

Thanks Macl1uk, thats good to know for the future.

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
3,999 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire charges for a second driver

The cost for a small car (group B) was about £120 for 5 days at the end of May. Didn't seem to be an option for group A. Other companies are coming in around the £70 mark even with a second driver. What am I missing here? I have checked the fuel policies and many say government charge for fuel, half full when you get it. This amount will probably last us. What am I missing? While it's nice to know a company that are recommended, what am I getting for the other £50?

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire charges for a second driver

Independanttraveller

According to Princess Car Hire website 5 days at the end of May in a group B car would be £90 (5 x £18) not £120. I think you have left it too late to get a group A car from this company.

I have not had to pay for half a tank of petrol, be careful what other car hire companies charge for ½ a tank as this often more than if you had filled the tank full yourself. Petrol prices are similar to the UK. Some posts have shown that some car hire companies charge £80 for a tank of petrol on a small/medium car, which would be nearly twice the pump price!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190311-i348-k63…

Macl1uk

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
3,999 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire charges for a second driver

Thank you I will look again at their website and contact them again to find out what the difference is. Some sites do say fuel may be more expensive than the norm (give them a miss!!) and some say it' s the same price.

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
3,999 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car hire charges for a second driver

Just had a quick look at the site and those prices are based on a 7 day hire so maybe that's why it's different

9. Re: Car hire charges for a second driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta