We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hello

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hello

Hello ,

i'm looking forward to visit malta this week

i was wondering what good sights or nightlife stuff i can check out during my staying

i know it's not the time to lay on the beach and get a tan but i can give up on that

i need to know what's night life of malta looks like ?

what are the best night clubs in malta?

where is malta center?

what area should i pick my hotel to be in ?

i don't want to waste money on taxis

i want to stay in the city center where are all the clubs and shops and tourists

thanks in advance

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
11,409 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hello

Your best bet would be to stay in St Julians .

The night clubbing / disco area of Malta is called Paceville ( pronounced PACH -- A -- VILL ) is part of St Julians.

This town has the best selection of hotel and plenty of restaurants and bars,

I suggest you have a read of the top questions at top right of this page, especially What to do and see in Malta.

St Julians is on a bus route to Valletta and everwhere is easy to get to.

A seven day bus ticket is only 12 euros and gives unlimited rides to all over the country.

Have an enjoyable stay.

Graham

Mentioned in this post
Saint Julian's
Saint Julian's
Island of Malta, Malta
Paceville
Paceville
2,227 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Valletta
Valletta
Island of Malta, Malta
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hello

amazing , fast and helpful reply.

thank you graham

another quick question

like is amsterdam there's the dam

and prague there's the clock tower square

in malta? what's the name of the center? where all tourists go ? (it does'nt have to be with clubs - i wouldn't mind to spend one night exploring)

thank you

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,553 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hello

Malta only has 7000 years of history so no shortage of places to wander have a look at this Skylinewebcams Malta it has webcams in about 12 -15 locations they are live cams so you can see day and night you also have utube videos from Malta some funny.

Mentioned in this post
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
11,409 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hello

I would say the "centre of Malta " would be the length of Republic street in Valletta,

A must to spend a little time is the Upper Baracca Garden in Valletta with it`s wonderfull views over the Grand Harbour. Best visited at mid day to see the firing of the time cannon at noon.

Graham

Mentioned in this post
Valletta
Valletta
Island of Malta, Malta
Grand Harbour Hotel
Grand Harbour Hotel
632 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hello

thanks for the tip @grahamwitton

i have another question, where can i find a website for tours in malta? like bike tours or city tour anything for free or charge

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
5,217 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hello

To be honest, just try Google - there are are lots of them !

To start you off, for the bus tours try http://www.maltasightseeing.com . For cycling tours take a look at http://www.maltacyclingtours.com , whilst for boat tours http://www.captainmorgan.com.mt/home?l=1 is probably the biggest . However, there are plenty of others and as competition is fierce for the bus/boat tours, it may be better to wait until you get there and do a bit of haggling, rather than booking in advance.

P-t-B

7. Re: Hello

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 05:17