We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay long term in Malta

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
37 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Place to stay long term in Malta

Hello people,

I am starting to research places to stay in Southern Europe for a long-term stay and a friend suggested I consider Malta. Can you recommend a good base to stay long term? It's sort of a working trip (I need a place to work for at least a month) but will try to find time to travel with family when they come to visit. I would like to stay somewhere that is convenient for living without a car, so a large town/small city would work. ideally a location that is accessible to a beach but also has somewhat of a nightlife (when I am not working :-)) I also have to consider affordability (I would like to budget $100/day excluding transportation costs). I am looking at travel in early fall (Sept-Oct).

And if you don't think Malta is suitable, please let me know. I am also looking at other places.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Spain
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay long term in Malta

Hi, I came to Malta from France two weeks ago since I wanted to do the exactly the same thing. The weather is warmer here and you can find accommodation easily within your budget. I've been researching the entire island to see the best place to stay and I think the you could start looking for in Slima, St George and Valleta. Hotels are not expensive either and it might be interesting for you to come and see for yourself. You also find state agencies around you offering good flats with a long-term contract of minimum of six months.

Malta is a lovely place and plenty of old history but I have decided to do that in Asia/Australia since it is still cold in the winter and for other reasons related to social and political issues inside Europe.

Happy holidays and good luck

Shirley

Mdina, Malta
Level Contributor
916 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay long term in Malta

Consider st.julians and sliema area

3. Re: Place to stay long term in Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta