We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunbathing

poole dorset
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
sunbathing

Hi All !

We are going to Malta for 3 weeks starting on 7th Feb. Earlier in the year I thought we would spend most of our time hiking but being a pair of sun lovers I now see the weather outlook is mostly sunny and about 16 degrees!!! In a sheltered spot on the beach we thought it might be good. Does anyone sunbathe on the beaches in Feb ??? also how about a dip in the sea ??? I know that will be cool but I go in uk in May so it cant be much worse !!

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,530 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunbathing

"Sunbathing' as such is usually finding a sheltered spot fully clothed! Seriously, February is invariably too fresh including the sea.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunbathing

I was out in Marsalforn Bay on Gozo wandering around sunbathing two weeks ago but then again 18 degrees over in Ireland is Summer so yes you can sunbathe.

poole dorset
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunbathing

Thanks for your replies ! We are brave enough to go to our beach here in Dorset in April when it is only about 16 degs. so just might take a chance as we are absolute 'sun nuts' !!!!

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sunbathing

Hi Sunluvver,

Today is sunny and the temperature is a very pleasant 16*C (61*F). The weekly weather forecast from Friday 7th Feb to Thursday 13th Feb (if all goes to plan) is mostly sunny with similar temperatures as today. As a former Brit who has lived here for 8 years, I agree with XaghraDream's opinion that it is not suitable weather for sunbathing or a dip in the sea, but only for locals, as this month is part of our winter. After the sweltering months of June, July and August where temperatures reach 40*C and above, 16*C definitely feels chilly, but that hasn't stopped holiday makers waking around in shorts and shirts, and I expect there will be people at Mellieha beach today catching a few rays and having a dip. So to the answer to your question is yes. After the temperatures in the UK, Malta will be very pleasant.

Have a good holiday.

poole dorset
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sunbathing

Thanks for your reply......will definitely pack our beach towels !!

6. Re: sunbathing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta
Recent Conversations