We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire

Hi just need to no if anyone use this car hire company before called convertiblehirecar.com?

hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire

This is not an actual hire company - in Malta they just book through the many hire companies in Malta. Prices are probably higher than you would pay booking locally in Malta. Suggest you look through the many threads in this forum - there are a mix of very good and very bad companies in Malta.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire

Quit right! alarm bells ringing here too!!. First! all go to the question panel at the top of this page, and type in > hiring cars can be bad for your wealth, read all. Then > recommended car hire companies in Malta. Advice always check company names out on T/A reviews. Happy stress free, and safe motoring. KNOWKATS.

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire

Thanks the replys

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire

There's quite a recent thread in which many of us have recommended car hire companies we've had good experiences of. If you can find that thread you should find one that suits your needs.

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire

Thanks Vince I have been checking it out i have emailed a few off the company's.

Am looking at renting a convertible not many company have them

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire

I've never hired a convertible. I hired a jeep once but can't remember who from. I wouldn't recommend them anyway. It was a bit of a boneshaker.

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire

Am only renting one cause my 4yr daughter like them and we gaurentee sun

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car hire

The things we do to please our children. We hired a jeep because we thought our teenage daughter and her friend would like it.- which they did but we all suffered bruised backsides for the pleasure. Jeeps with no suspension driving on Maltese roads isn't much fun. The main roads are now pretty much all properly maintained and in excellent condition but once you get off the beaten track it's a different story.

And don't forget your hats if you're going to have the top down. The sun gets very hot.

Have a great time

Edited: 18 June 2014, 11:07
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car hire

Avoid goldcar like the plague. Twice they have cheated me. Complete Rogues.

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car hire

First timer !!!

Edited: 20 June 2014, 21:33
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta