We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Lagoon by Taxi to beat rush?

buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Lagoon by Taxi to beat rush?

Hi all.

My girlfriend and I are here in the Topaz hotel in Bugibba and we would like to try the Blue Lagoon but are concerned about the mad rush of people that I have read about. I see that the tours only start at 10am and I thought I read that you can beat the crowds of people IF you can get there early.

My question is please can I ask how much a taxi there would cost and how early would be ideal?

Also, to complicate things, we leave for Gozo on Friday and Friday morning is the only time we have to visit the Blue Lagoon so would it be possible to take a taxi there on Friday morning, do the snorkelling and then catch the ferry to Gozo?

Sorry for the lengthy post but I thought I should include as much info as possible,

Thank you in advance.

buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Lagoon by Taxi to beat rush?

Damn, posted twice. Apologies for that.

Please reply on this thread if that's okay....

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,349 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Lagoon by Taxi to beat rush?

Hi. When we went to the blue lagoon we got an early bus from bugibba then got a speedboat across. This might be worth looking into. Have a good trip.

buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Lagoon by Taxi to beat rush?

Thank you.

Can I ask what the earliest is that we could get there? Apparently the tours leave at 10am and the speedboat/'JeXtreme'(?) leaves at 11am but gets there slightly ahead of the tours? (although a salesman-type told us this)

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,349 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Lagoon by Taxi to beat rush?

Sorry I can't remember the time. We went last year not this year. I do remember tho that on leaving about 12.30 there was still boat loads just arriving and it was very busy. I think we got there about 10 am so probably got a bus about 8.30. We didn't book anything in advance and when we got off the bus we just found a speedboat to take us over.

Hopefully someone else will appear soon to give your more help.

hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,611 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Lagoon by Taxi to beat rush?

Getting an early bus from Bugibba to the Gozo Ferry terminal is your best bet, the Comino ferry leaves from nearby. This is one ferry company, but there is also United Comino Ferries who operate from the same place - just use which one is going next.

http://www.cominoferryservice.com/

Could you not do your Comino trip from Gozo if you are staying there? The company above also operate from Mgarr.

buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Lagoon by Taxi to beat rush?

Wow! Thanks for those links.

Can someone correct me here if I'm wrong?

It seems that the crowds from Malta mainly go on the earliest 10am ferries to the Blue Lagoon from Malta or the speedboat at 11am?

However, I see that there are trips from Gozo starting at 8am, that would beat all the crowds from Malta?

hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,611 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Lagoon by Taxi to beat rush?

Hi Buel10, Your right, they just seem to be popular times, so if you can avoid them you should be OK and yes 8am from Gozo will avoid the crowd using ferries and excursions from Malta.

Malta
Level Contributor
11 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Lagoon by Taxi to beat rush?

To go to Blue Lagoon you can only get there by boat. In summer, especially August it is over-crowded with people. If you want to maximise your enjoyment you need to get to Mtarfa (the tip of Malta overlooking Comino) and get an early ferry boat across. By early I mean around 7am. Spend 2-3 hours there and then leave. All the large tourist-carrying ferried arrive from Sliema and Bugibbal between 10 and 11.

9. Re: Blue Lagoon by Taxi to beat rush?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta