We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duncan Guest House

Lymm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
285 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Duncan Guest House

I have been trying to find out contact details, availability, rates etc for Duncan Guest House and cannot find anything. Please does anybody have a contact e-mail address, or similar.

Also does anybody know if there is a lift in this accommodation.

Also, is Marsaxlokk suitable for somebody who can only walk on the flat, ie not up and down hills. I get the impression, that this place is more suitable for our type of holiday, ie quiet at night, but still a few bars and restaurants to keep us occupied for 2 weeks holiday whilst still giving us some variety.

Any information will be much appreciated

12 replies to this topic
Bugibba, Malta
Destination Expert
for Bugibba
Level Contributor
674 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Duncan Guest House

http://duncanmalta.com/

Lymm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
285 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duncan Guest House

Thank you, very much appreciated. I have been in contact with them and now await a reply.

Lymm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
285 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duncan Guest House

I have been in touch with the accommodation, but unfortunately, they are booked up for the period we are visiting Malta.

Are you aware of any other accommodation in the area, as Marsaxlokk sounds from descriptions like it could be the type of place we like to base ourselves.

We are looking for accommodation in an area which is mainly populated by the locals, and not too busy but within walking distance of bars and restaurants, with enough variety for 2 weeks stay.

My husband cannot walk long distances and is able to walk up one flight of stairs, but would struggle with more than one, as I would too if I had to carry our luggage up more than one flight.

Any information would be much appreciated

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duncan Guest House

Not much in the way of hotels in Marsaxlokk, you might be able to find an apartment. When are you planning on going? Have you considered Gozo or would getting there prove difficult?

Lymm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
285 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Duncan Guest House

We are due to be in Malta from 2nd May for 14 nights. I am not a good sailor and didn't really fancy Gozo, plus as my father was based in Malta during the 2nd World War for 3 years, I would like to see as much of the island as possible.

Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Duncan Guest House

Hi Lynne, please can you send me a private message and I will reply to you, I know of some private self catering accomodations in Marsaxlokk but cannot give details on here as the owners would not appreciate it.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Duncan Guest House

2nd of May isn't peak season so it should be relatively quiet wherever you choose to stay. If not Marsaxlokk try St Paul's Bay or Mellieha. I guess Valletta might also be an option but towards the top end or you will have hills to climb

Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Duncan Guest House

We are off to stay in Malta at the Duncan guesthouse in early April.

My father was on the island during the war too and he spoke with so much affection of the people and the place, even under such awful circumstances, that I have always wanted to visit. Sadly, he never went back, as my mother couldnt fly, so I am doing it for him.

Edited: 27 March 2011, 20:50
Newcastle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Duncan Guest House

Hope you enjoy your stay

Lymm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
285 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Duncan Guest House

It would be a coincidence if they were there at the same time. Dad was in REME and based there for 3 years including the siege.

Reply to: Duncan Guest House
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marsaxlokk