We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Malta

Maryland,USA
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Malta

My wife and I will be honeymooning in Malta, does anyone have any advise as to where is a good place to stay and if the treatment is different if your americans or not. Any and all guidance would be much appreciated.

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Malta

i dont think because you are american you will be treated any different to any other visitors to malta the maltese are very friendly people and will go out of their way to help you . so the anwser is NO DIFFERENCE . what grade of hotel do you like 5 star 4 star plent yto choose from i can recommend the 5 star raddison st julians or the 4 star santana in qwara or maybe the coastline on the outskirts of qwara. i would recomend hiring a car so you can get about easier and also visit maltas sister island gozo.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Malta

What time of year are you talking about as that might have a bearing on where we would advise you to stay. Would you be hiring a car or not?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,406 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Malta

we were treated nothing but wonderfully , perhaps with a little occasional pitty, for being stuck with an administration like this .. but as was said above , the maltese are very friendly and gracious people.

time of year and your preferences will help decide where to stay .. if it is between now and june, or so .. i would recommend Valletta , to put you in the cultural center of the island and where you have a beautiful city to stroll in and easy transportation to everywhere else.

valetta, however is not recommended if you seek clubs and wild hordes of other tourists partying. the evening entertainment in valletta consists mostly of cultural events, shows and taverns where you can meet the locals and have wonderful chats.

you can take the busses just about anywhere and they are a fun adventure, rent a car or book cabs by the hour for sightseeing tours. i personally find the cab deal the most convenient and it costs about the same as a rental car, only without the hassle .. but i think most people in this forum do rent cars (of course they are used to driving on the left *smiles*)

Maryland,USA
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Malta

Thank you all for your replies. My wife and are both not drinkers, so clubs and parties are not our cup of tea. Most likely we would try to rent a vehicle if that doesnt work am sure we will be glad to rent a cab. Also, the time of year we will be going is in August a nice 5 star would be ideal. Of course customer service and quality being the most important . I would like set the greatest impression for my beautiful wife, a spa and or salon. Thank you again for all your help.

Malta
Level Contributor
402 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Malta

If its summer I suggest the Hilton or the Radisson Golden Bay. Depends on your budget.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Malta

I agree with Windfreak - I'd go for the Hilton if it is within your budget

Malta
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Malta

try

www.hotelfortina.com/page.asp?p=7481&l=1

or

www.radissonsas.com/cs/Satellite…

Stormed

Newcastle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon in Malta

Just wanted to say that there are two Radissons so take care. Radisson SAS is in St. Julians whilst the other one is at Golden Sands. Golden Sands is pretty isolated - nothing much there at all so you would need a car to get about. This might be what you want but you should be aware of the difference. Both lovely 5* hotels, the one at Golden Sands is very new

9. Re: Honeymoon in Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 11:21
Get answers to your questions about Mdina