We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to waterfront hotel and pubs in sliema

Kettering, UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to waterfront hotel and pubs in sliema

Hello, can anyone tell me roughly what the cost of a taxi is from the airport to the waterfront hotel in sliema. Also, are there any good bars etc in Sliema that are reasonably priced?

thanks

Bugibba, Malta
Destination Expert
for Bugibba
Level Contributor
743 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to waterfront hotel and pubs in sliema

£20 for the taxi ?

I quite like the Portside when im in Sliema.Its a sports bar just minutes from your hotel.

www.portside.com.mt

Theres pictures and a diary of events.

Attard, Malta
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to waterfront hotel and pubs in sliema

Afew minutes walk uphill from the Waterfront is the main bus terminus at Valletta. Taxi can be expensive. As for bars, there are lots of them in adjoining Spinola Bay St Julians and Paceville, both next to Sliema. Have a look here:

www.malta-info.co.uk/nightlife/index.html

Saint Julian's...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to waterfront hotel and pubs in sliema

For a Reasonable Taxi Phone Wembley.Should be 17-18euros

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi to waterfront hotel and pubs in sliema

Waterfront hotel is in Sliema not in Valletta so if you get a bus from the airport to Valletta you then have to change and get another one to Sliema. Buses do not have any space for luggages.

Taxi should be around 20 euros. You can just get one at the airport - prices are fixed so you will not be ripped off. You go to the taxi booth, pay there and take your ticket to the taxi driver. Alternatively you can pre-arrange a taxi, if you type in taxi in the search box you will come up with various recommendations. I've used Kevin's Taxis before now and have found them to be reliable and reasonably priced

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,421 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi to waterfront hotel and pubs in sliema

Inside the airport terminal you can get a taxi at the taxi desk cost €20 number 6 bus will cost you 47 cents if you go up to a taxi driver and use one off the street you could be charged up to €40 so before you get in ask the driver for a price for the journey.

Bugibba, Malta
Destination Expert
for Bugibba
Level Contributor
743 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi to waterfront hotel and pubs in sliema

Is it not the number 8 bus ?

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,312 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi to waterfront hotel and pubs in sliema

Don't get confused - there is the Waterfront in Valetta near the Cruise Terminal and the Waterfront hotel in Sliema - so be clear with your taxi driver.

Have a look at www.starwebmalta.com which shows the bars by locality.

There was a long thread about pubs in Sliema so put 'pubs Sliema' in the search box on top.

As you walk from your hotel to the Ferries (the hub of Sliema) you;ll pass a number of bars.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,312 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi to waterfront hotel and pubs in sliema

Have a look at the Top Question on the right regarding transfers from Air Port to Hotel.

Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi to waterfront hotel and pubs in sliema

"Buses do not have any space for luggages"

That is not strictly true, some busse's have spaces for luggage underneath the bus a similar kind of way that a coach would, depending on the driver he will either offer you this service if he has it, or you simply find space on the bus and charge you I think 47c per big case, if there is no dedicated space under the bus then you wil just have to find space on the bus as often happens between Luqa and Valletta, anybody that has caught the number 8 bus on a regular basis as we have, will testify I'm sure to the assault course conditions that all this luggage can cause simply trying to board or alight at ones stop, the other reason that busse's do accept luggage is because they simply have to, there would be no point running an airport service and never expecting to carry any luggage would there ? the same principle applies to the Airport / Cirkewwa service for the ferry to Ghawdex, any more queries please let me know. Nb, you might wish to contact this taxi firm for an efficient and well priced taxi transfer we can highly reccomend this company:

raybezzinacarhire@onvol.net or telephone Grazziella or Ray 00356 2157 7165

manchester
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi to waterfront hotel and pubs in sliema

I hhave pre-booked a return taxi from airport to Sliema from Resorthoppa.com. I think via another website, may be lowcosttaxis.com - cost £26.77 return.

Get answers to your questions about Sliema
Recent Conversations