We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sliema or saint julians

galway
3 posts
Save Topic
sliema or saint julians

hi all,

My boyfriend (28) and I (25) Are booked to go to malta at the end of july for a week. We are thinking of staying in the victoria hotel in sliema? was wondering what is the location of this hotel like for st julians and the nightlife? we dont want to stay smack in the centre of the nightlife however would like to be relatively near it.. would we be able to walk into the area in the evenings and maybe get a taxi home or would we have to get taxis both ways. how far is it? any ideas how much a taxi would cost? the hotels in st julians are more expensive than sliema that is why we are thinking of sliema. and sliema seems to be a good location for travelling around the island. We would like a relatively good hotel and victoria has good reviews and is within our budget. or is there and good hotel in st julians ye would recommend bed and breakfast as a good location. a good three star a must.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sliema or saint julians

You could walk but a taxi will only cost 8 euro ,I will send you a number to call .

Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sliema or saint julians

You would probably end up spending more on taxis than you would on hotels to be honest! Have you considered a hotel still in Sliema but closer to Balluta bay? My husband and i recently stayed in the plaza regency-it was a liesurely 15 minute walk along the promenade to St Julian's and plenty of nice bar stops along the way! There is also the carlton hotel next door. The plaza is a basic 3*, the Carlton has better reviews. The bus stops outside both hotels and is perfect for getting around the island. I would say avoid b&b if you were to choose the plaza. Plenty of places offer reasonable breakfast.

Athenry, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sliema or saint julians

Hey Dee,

Just wondering which hotel you booked in the end. Have booked flights but have yet to book a hotel. We (gf and me) were thinking about the Victoria as well!! We're flying on the 19th so need to book somewhere ASAP.

Thanks,

Coggy

Edited: 04 July 2012, 22:54
galway
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sliema or saint julians

hi,

thanks for yor reply saoirse. Looked into the hotels you mentioned above, carlton does sound lovely but too small a pool area for us. After much researching into the hotels and the best area to stay we went for a weeks b+b in the victoria hotel. It seemed to be the best value taking into account the standard of accomodation. hotels in saint julians alot more expensive. hope we made the right choice. However holidays are all what you make of them, once hotel is not a dive and is clean ill be happy so am very much looking forward to ours. what other hotels are you considering coggy? From the reviews the victoria seems to be close to both sliema and st julians so i think its a good choice.

Athenry, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sliema or saint julians

Hi Dee,

We booked the Victoria too. Seems pretty good and a decent pool area on the roof. Plus it's close to St.Julians and the nightlife. We're heading over on the 19th to the 26th July.

6. Re: sliema or saint julians

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 05:45
Get answers to your questions about Sliema
Recent Conversations