We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel fortina spa! Help questions

Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel fortina spa! Help questions

Hi,

Am going to the fortina spa next week on the 22nd aug! Got ripped off by my traval agent ( my fault for booking 6 days before I go) so I have a few questions

1( What is the main currency they use in Malta and the hotel?

2) what is the general principal to tipping the staff at the hote?

3) What do we need to know abut the hotel to get us the best value out of our hotel?

4) which areas to use or avoid!

And finally

5) where are the best rooms?

Thank you

Vish x

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel fortina spa! Help questions

Currency is Euros

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel fortina spa! Help questions

Currency used in Malta is euros. Never stayed at the Fortina so, sorry, cannot answer your other questions. As a matter of interest why did your get ripped off by your travel agent?

Edited: 17 August 2012, 15:23
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel fortina spa! Help questions

Hi

Thanks your your reply to ur question I had booked this holiday 6 days before am going so the price of the whole holiday was £600 more that it should be, as my original holiday was cancelled and couldn't find anywhere else to go as the week of 26th aug til 2nd sept is the busiest time for flights coming back! But what can u do! This was the only time I could go as I am self employed and can only get a certain amount of days for someone to cover my business lol

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel fortina spa! Help questions

I always bung the bar man 10 euro at least the first time I go to the bar and it always pays me back over the week or 2.

Bung the porter if you want good deals on taxis or trips, works most times if they have any swing with local companies and most times they do :)

Same with the cleaners.. don't just leave your small change for them to pick up when you have gone, give them 10 euro when you first see them and thank them and then ask them not to come in when the do not disturb sign is on lol. They will leave you more nick nacks and toiletries etc and you won't be moaning about only 1 fresh towel etc.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel fortina spa! Help questions

I always bung the bar man 10 euro at least the first time I go to the bar and it always pays me back over the week or 2.

Bung the porter if you want good deals on taxis or trips, works most times if they have any swing with local companies and most times they do :)

Same with the cleaners.. don't just leave your small change for them to pick up when you have gone, give them 10 euro when you first see them and thank them and then ask them not to come in when the do not disturb sign is on lol. They will leave you more nick nacks and toiletries etc and you won't be moaning about only 1 fresh towel etc.

Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel fortina spa! Help questions

Lol thanks mate I will try that! Normally I give €5 everyday so I think your way will actully save me some mOney! Lol

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel fortina spa! Help questions

Hi Vish1983

I'm staying at the Fortina Spa begining of September, any tips are welcome. Are you all inclusive?

Edited: 24 August 2012, 11:40
South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel fortina spa! Help questions

Holly 303

Would not recommend all inclusive in Malta. Malta offers so much and there is loads to see and enjoy. Once on the island I am sure you will want to be out and about instead of staying in the hotel, even if it is the Fortina Spa, to take advantage of your all inclusive package. Sliema has many restaurants to suit all tastes and budgets as does the rest of the island. Fortina Spa is in a great position and in a few minutes you are at the bus stops where buses will take you to various parts of the island. You can also nip on a ferry to go across to Valetta or take a harbour trip.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel fortina spa! Help questions

Definately planning to go to Valletta but probably in the evening when the lights are on & it's cooler - do the ferry's run until the evening?

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel fortina spa! Help questions

Also, sorry it's a bit off topic but does the Fortina Spa have a dress code or is it fairly casual?

Get answers to your questions about Sliema