We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fortina spa or Hotel fortina ?

Ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Fortina spa or Hotel fortina ?

Hi All,

Travelling next week with my mother. Can get hotel fortina 4 star with half board for the same price as fortina spa B&B. I am concerned about reviews for fortina hotel. I want this to be a nice break for my mother. Please advise?

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fortina spa or Hotel fortina ?

The Spa part is newer and swankier. Perhaps the old Fortina Hotel is now a bit tired. Good location, 600 metre walk to Sliema shops. Bus stop to Valletta almost opposite outside the door!

Ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fortina spa or Hotel fortina ?

I don't mind if it is a bit tired. It looked like good value to take the half bord option. Concerned about posts of damp rooms & mould. It is my mothers first time in Malta & took a long time to convince her to come away on a break. Would hate for the hotel to be a disaster?

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fortina spa or Hotel fortina ?

It's a decent enough hotel with usually the option on half board to dine in any of their five restaurants (may have to pay a surcharge for this).

We had some friends stay there last year, they had a high floor with decent views and the room was quite nice. No sign of any damp or mould.

The Fortina Spa Hotel is much more classy, but you get what you pay for.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fortina spa or Hotel fortina ?

The other good thing about the Fortina is its location you have lots of restaurants and coffee shops on your doorstep you might also get a room with sea view and the bus passes the front door with a shopping mall round the back.

5. Re: Fortina spa or Hotel fortina ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Sliema