We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

uPhotomalta

Sheffield
Level Contributor
58 posts
176 reviews
Save Topic
uPhotomalta

Does anyone know whether this organisation, based in Sliema, is still operating? I have read some excellent reviews from people who have spent the day with Duncan Zammit from uPhoto and have learnt how to use their SLRs properly, as well as being taken to some beautiful locations to take photos. However, these reviews seem to have petered out early last year and the web site is no longer up and running. Is anyone else in Malta running trips or classes in December aimed at photographers or artists? We're spending the first three weeks of December in Sliema and I'd love to indulge my creative side!.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
58 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: uPhotomalta

I did not receive any replies to my query - which is unusual for this forum - but am now in Malta and about to book a tour with www.photographmalta.com who provide a range of tours and workshops to help improve photography techniques. They left leaflets at our hotel.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: uPhotomalta

Let us know how you get on and post some of the photos.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
58 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: uPhotomalta

Will do. I have booked the Traditional Maltese Experience with them for next Tuesday. Excellent, customer-focused response from them so far, so I'm hopeful of a worthwhile experience.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
58 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: uPhotomalta

I had an excellent session with Dragana from www.photographmalta.com who collected me from my hotel, drove me to Mdina, spent some time with me, in addition to previous e-mail discussions, finding out what my specific tuition needs were and then worked with me on producing excellent photos using my DSLR camera on Manual. I now, finally understand and know how to control aperture, shutter speed, ISO and exposure. I'll do a proper review on Trip Advisor when I've finished uploading pics from my camera but now I'm off to enjoy the sunshine and put what I have learnt into practice! Thoroughly recommended - excellent service - very reasonable costs + free drink of wine. I hope to take another tour with Dragana next week - Valetta and the 3 Cities.

West Bromwich
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: uPhotomalta

Duncan Zammit died early 2012

6. Re: uPhotomalta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sliema
Recent Conversations