We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches sand?

Which Sliema hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
Level Contributor
293 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
beaches sand?

hi,i would know where there are sand beaches and what the best place for you,(hotel)because when i read your topics,anabody has the same feeling??excuse my bad english i'm french

have a nice day

@-)

Malta Europe
Level Contributor
453 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches sand?

very small sandy beach in St. Julian's. Two small sandy beaches at Golden Bay nea the SAS Radisson Golden Sands Hotel. One other beach (900Metres) is Mellieha Bay. Pretty Bay in the South in Birzebbugia - also small. These are accessible by public transport.

Gozo has Ramla Bay.

Your English is better than my French by the way !!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,938 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches sand?

There is also the very pretty Paradise Bay facing the Paradise Bay Hotel near the ferry to Gozo. Our favourite - when it is not too full!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
293 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beaches sand?

thank's all for your answers

it's for my next holidays in 2007

i have time to chose and book

i'm in the north of France and now it's very very hot,and no swimming pool to get some cold

@-)

Malta
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: beaches sand?

With regards to the two beaches near Golden Sands:

WARNING - these beaches (especially the one with the steps, as it is known) have very strong underwater currents and unfortunately tourists who do not pay attention to the warning signs die every summer. Sorry to be so morbid BUT DO NOT SWIM IF THE RED FLAG IS UP OR IF IT IS CHOPPY (with waves).

One suggestion re Golden Sands Hotel: If you cannot afford a rental car for the whole trip, do not consider this hotel as it is very cut off and badly served by buses (the last one is at 1630 hours). Unless, of course, you intend to stay at the hotel all the time! There really is nothing around, no shops, restaurants, cinemas...

St Julians
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beaches sand?

I'd also like to add a negative comment about Paradise Bay, unfortunately.

I last swam there about ten years ago - went last Saturday and was very disappointed at the way it has been developed, and I think, ruined. The bar and restaurant has become a 'Lido' (?!) and has now extended to cover about 2/3 of the bay. The sandy part is full of stacks of deckchairs and poles for sun umbrellas - this might sound like a good thing, except if you know that the bay itself is rather small, and so seems overwhelmed by all this. While I was swimming, there was a distinct smell of garbage in the air.

To cap it all, the owners of the bar and restaurant have decided to be helpful and have extended a net across a very short part of the bay to keep jellyfish out - this really reduces the area available for swimming.

As for the dreaded jellies, I still got stung inside the net! I suspect that during a short storm some jellyfish were swept over the net and can't get out? Anyway, one of them certainly made a meal of my arm!

Very sad about the bay!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
293 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beaches sand?

hi,

excuse me to answer so late,but my web was out of order,after reading your topic i thing i choose an other destination

Aruba in Carrabean sea

thank's a lot for your answer

nice day

@-))

Leicester,England
Level Contributor
217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beaches sand?

I'v heard they've built a sandy beach in Bugibba, though I've not seen it yet - personally I prefer rocky beaches.

8. Re: beaches sand?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Sliema