We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Tunis from Malta

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Tunis from Malta

Anyone know if there is a Day trip to Tunis from Malta?

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Tunis from Malta

I've never seen day trips advertised but that's not to say there aren't any. It just seems a little unlikely simply because of flight availability.

I looked at http://www.airmalta.com/homepage?l=1

and tried all sorts of combinations for a day trip and it wouldn't let me. Give it a try yourself and use your own date range. I had to improvise with some.

It does seem that a return journey is €336 for 2 people.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,406 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Tunis from Malta

all i am finding is connections in palermo or rome .. ugly prices and 5 hour trips with layovers .. one would think there might be a ferry ..

does it have to be tunis ? a lot of charter flights tend to go to monastir .. i wonder if that's any easier to reach?

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Tunis from Malta

If you only want a day trip Sicily is much closer

Newcastle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Tunis from Malta

There are no ferries between Malta and Tunisia, you would have to go via Genoa in Italy so definitely not doable in a day. Air Malta flights are twice weekly so you could go on a Thursday and return Sunday or vice versa. If you want to specifically go to Tunisia it would have to be for a few days. If you just want a day trip somewhere either go to Gozo or Sicily. Hope this helps

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
155 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to Tunis from Malta

On a silly note, last time I arrived on a Sunday in Malta my luggage had a trip of its own to Tunis, and because the next flight is Thursday, I was without it for 4 days, still I learnt a valueble lesson, I now pack half in mine and half in hubby's cases.

I think Sicily is the best option, but you really must not miss Gozo its so lovely, and so easy to get to.

Jay

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Tunis from Malta

Thank you all so very much. I'm very appreciative for all the responses !!

If you have any other things to share about Malta, please let me know. I took a trip to Egypt last year, and it was fabulous. Can't seem to find anything that can compare for my trip this year.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip to Tunis from Malta

Malta has a lot to offer, much more than just sea and sun. There is a lot of history as Malta has been occupied by many different people. This has made it pretty unique and its language so too. Depends on what you like to do on holiday and also when you are going. July and August are really far to hot to enjoy sightseeing.

Ask away and we will do our best to help

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,406 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip to Tunis from Malta

having been to several areas in both tunisia and egypt , i would suggest that while tunisia is a lovely country , you would be disappointed by comparison. Egypt has so much more to offer .

but like has been mentioned already , malta itself is really a gem for the history buff .. i am spoiled for beaches by the maldives , so i have a hard time seeing malta as a beach or diving destination period .. but the culture and value for archeological sights is simply amazing .

9. Re: Day trip to Tunis from Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 18:20