We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving from La Valletta

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Diving from La Valletta

Is there any good diving to be done in near La Valletta. We will be coming in on a cruise ship and are interested in doing a dive while in. Any tour operators you would recommend?

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,685 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving from La Valletta

I will let Scubapro answer your diving question .

Even if you are crazy about diving , I would not spend my limited time , and fail to visit the sites and historic monuments in Valletta and Malta.

Everyone has his idea , what to do , on a cruise day ,but I think a dive is not a quickie thing ?

Try and have a look at

www.visitmalta.com

Enjoy your day !

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving from La Valletta

Well the question is are you likely to have most of your own kit with you as the set up then going to the dive can be time consuming.

The other question is your dive experience. There are 3 dives in/close to Valletta.

A basic dive is that on HMS Maori at the base of fort St Elmo. Max depth is 15 mtrs but visibility and the general state of the wreck is probably not worth it unless you would be first onto it.

On Manoel Island there is the Lighter boat X127- Coralita again it can have poor viz but not many dive there as a permit is now required .. An operator will already have one.

The 3rd is a Beaufort aircraft from WW2 in fairly good condition but the depth is 42mtrs. It's located just off Sliema near Exiles. For this dive I would recommend Dive Systems as it is right on their doorstep.

For the other 2 I would recommend Diveshack again as they are local. Whatever you decide you really do need to get in contact with them especially for the Beaufort. Get the credentials part sorted out prior to arrival and ensure you let them know what you would like to dive on. They would almost certainly pick you up too. Maltese are not very good timekeepers so get as much dialogue with the operator prior to your visit.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,685 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving from La Valletta

Cant get better advise than that .....prosit ..good one Scubapro !!

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving from La Valletta

643 - good thing we have scubapro as I would be clueless with a question like this.

Thanks for answering scubapro

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving from La Valletta

Thank you very much for the information. It was extremly helpful. We will just be seeing the sites with your information now! THANKS Again

6. Re: Diving from La Valletta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2010, 05:26
Get answers to your questions about Valletta