We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malta in april?

Co Londonderry
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
malta in april?

i would like to go away in april and was thinking about going to malta. can anyone give me some advice on what facilities are available this early in the year and what the weather should be like. anyone information will be welcome. thanks.

Gozo Malta
Level Contributor
66 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: malta in april?

Weather in April in Malta can give you some pleasant surprises as nature prepares for spring, but you cannot bet on it, so it is a chance.

I am enclosing a web site which provides you with the historic weather averages of Malta for the whole of April.

wunderground.com/history/…calendar

April is a nice month to visit. On the 2nd April, Malta will celebrate good Friday, and there will be processions are Malta and Gozo. You can't miss that. Two days later, Malta will turn into the joyous easter mood, and here I recommend that you will be a traditional FIGOLLA which is a lovely cake in various shapes, all in the tradition of the Maltese easter.

Co Londonderry
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: malta in april?

Such a quick and helpful reply :) Many thanks

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: malta in april?

Try this site

http://www.maltaweather.com/climate.shtml

for a history of weather in Malta .

London
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: malta in april?

Hi Foxie

Me and the old rouge DrD have been going to Malta in late April for a few years now and but for last year (which was Xita!) we've had pleasant warm & sunny weather. Everything up and running pretty much as in high season so a great time to go - however because of last years rain we've decided to go late Sept this year, with a brief trip over for the good Dr's birthday at the end of Feb., for which I'm counting down the days in anticipation.

Cheers

Ntd

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
521 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: malta in april?

Hi

We've just booked to go to Malta again but this time last two weeks of April. We've been early and late May, June, August, September and October and it's always been great weather.

London
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: malta in april?

In 2007 the prestigiuos magazine International Living (no, I'd not heard of it either) rated Malta as having the best climate in the world! - nuff said

Ntd

Co Londonderry
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: malta in april?

Hi Ntd

Thanks for your thoughts.

can you recommend a resort or area to stay. I need somewhere compact as I have trouble getting about due to a minor disability.

Any thoughts will be gratefully received.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: malta in april?

ulsterfox - give us an idea of what you want from your holiday, what you want to do, what sort of facilities you are looking for and we can guide you to a resort that will meet your needs

London
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: malta in april?

Hi Foxie

Twirl is right it depends upon what you want.

Actually Malta is compact full stop. It's only 17 miles long by about 9 across at its widest and at 122 sq miles could fit quite neatly, if stretched, into Lake Garda in Italy, with a few sq miles of water spare.

Valletta the capital city is extremely compact, it has UNSECO world heritage status and more sites of historic & cultural importance per sq km than anywhere else in the world. There are not too many hotels in Valletta and its quite hilly, also the buses don't run into the city as the roads are too narrow, & to be honest they would spoil its uniqueness. Valletta is the gateway to the island though as the main bus terminal (if you could call it that) is right outside the city gates (no gates actually).

For more resort type stuff the Sliema/St Julian's area is nice and compact and delivers the usual mix of holiday entertainment.

Cheers

Ntd

London
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: malta in april?

UNSECO world heritage(???)....sorry should have read "TESCO world heritage"

Malta is also the most densely populated country in Europe.

Ntd