We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irish tv station

Which Valletta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Irish tv station

The Irish television station TV3 this morning devoted the whole show to the island of Malta. I was not able to watch the whole show as I had to go to work but my wife rang me 2 hours later and it was still on.TV3 sent a whole crew over to experience life in Malta visit the wineries sampling the food and cooking a meal with the chef of the Phonesia. My feeling is that Malta will be receiving a lot more Irish tourist after this show.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Irish tv station

I would love to see something like that in england but all we get is 15 mins on the travel channel just showing the odd hotel or 2, never in depth.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Irish tv station

I think these sort of TV shows really put you in the picture of what a place has to offer. Much more worth while than a poster saying "Malta - island of sun and history"

winsford
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Irish tv station

Hi all i to like to view malta if you watch one tv malta at8 30 on a Tuesday night Country Jamboree plenty to see. Viewers in the UK cn find it on

www.one.com./mt

It is on at 7 30 GMT also repeats on Friday at 1 15 GMT &Sat at 2 15 GMT

Hope you like it if you do watch. One problem Marisa speaks in Maltees but all songs sung in English.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Irish tv station

If you are really interested in seeing something of Malta there are many programmes that give a good idea but of course they are in Maltese.

Maybe you could have a look at these sites that have video clips in English

www.supercities.eu www.heartofmalta.com www.vrmalta.com

www.visitmalta.com (brochures, downloads 360 degrees)

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,664 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Irish tv station

Hi Greybadger

Maybe you could fix the link

One radio can be heard online here

www.one.com.mt/index.php?id=640&p_docid=105

Live streaming is good for all maltese overseas :-)

Take care

Edited: 14 August 2010, 17:34
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,664 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Irish tv station

Anybody wants to see the TV3 videos can go here

www.tv3.ie/videos.php…

Great show Wrappido , thanks for the advert to Maltese Crepes :-)

Great Irish stuff , better than the Low cost humour !

Take care and travel safe

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,664 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Irish tv station

The last part of this TV3 video tells you who sponsored this very good advert for Malta

www.tv3.ie/videos.php…

Great watersport at Portomaso !

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Irish tv station

Thanks for telling us about this wrappido and thanks to 643 for the link, great videos. I saw Exiles - my beach!!! - in the background. Wish we were there now. Been pouring with rain here

winsford
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Irish tv station

Thank's to you all for the link's i will watch A.S.A.P I do watch most

Malta sites from time to time, I do like to watch Marisa D'Amarto as she some times gets her music played on my local radio station, that i some times get to sit in with presenter of the show. I also like to view the hotel Juliani web cam of Spinola Bay every morning can't wait for next March and April when I can sit and watch the world go by.I can listen also to most Malta radio stations on my ipod thank's again.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Irish tv station

Hi 643,

Me i prefere to go to Malta and will be back on New Years Eve this time I will be making my own video for T/A so will be looking for sites that should be included in video.

i have also been asked by an Irish TD that is a member of the Irish Government if any good finds were obtained under the street works in Valetta. I went out with them at Easter and showed them some of the sites as both him and his wife are keen Archigoligist have to brush up on my spelling and they want to return again to look at any finds that were obtained.

Get answers to your questions about Valletta