We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report/Travel Blog

Which Valletta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report/Travel Blog

Hello all

We recently spent a fantastic two week holiday based at the Grand Excelsior Hotel in Valletta. Instead of writing screeds and screeds of text here (we done loads!!) I have written a travel blog instead as I can intersperse it with photos to try to make it more interesting!!

I think I may add one more page about Valletta itself to include some street photos, but I think the rest is now finished and ready for publication!!

This is the link if anyone is interested in having a look

http://mymaltaholiday.blogspot.co.uk/

I have loads of photos to upload to my webshots album, so once I have done that, I will post a link to that as well.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,574 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report/Travel Blog

An excellent trip report Marlscat

You certainly did well to get that €23 deal on the tours (North & South Ho-Ho tours + vintage bus + Harbour boat tour). We are aware that competition between the tour touts is fierce but that is the best deal that we have heard of so far and is definitely worth shopping around for.

Phil-the-Bus

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report/Travel Blog

That' s great

Cas

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report/Travel Blog

Oh that's great to know Phil. We were kind of on the point of walking away when the chap came up with the price and when he said he'd make it an 'open ticket' that kind of clinched the deal. It did sound like a good deal, but there's always a niggling doubt!!

We had a fantastic holiday - loved the HOHO bus tours and all the trips etc. that we done. There's just so much to do and see - Malta has so much to offer!!

Now that the blog's done, I will have to concentrate on the reviews. I've done some but have more to do, plus get my photos all uploaded - I took over 1,000, so it's a big job to go through them to pick the best for my Webshots albums!!

Edited: 05 June 2012, 23:35
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,562 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report/Travel Blog

That was an extremely interesting trip report.

It was good to see a mention of cafe 282 in Valletta, a place I call in to for coffee when I`m in the city.

Graham

Malta
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report/Travel Blog

Great info thanks for writing all that!

england
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report/Travel Blog

I have been torn between visiting Malta or Madrid. Your blog has decided it. Malta gets my money. Thanks.

england
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report/Travel Blog

I have been torn between visiting Malta or Madrid. Your blog has decided it. Malta gets my money. Thanks.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report/Travel Blog

Thanks everyone - I'm glad it's been of some help and interest.

Magnoliaone - I'm sure you'll love Malta as much as we did!! Happy holidays!!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report/Travel Blog

Although I haven't uploaded all my photos yet, I now have a fair number of albums now posted on Webshots from my recent holiday in Malta. This is the link if anyone wants to have a look through them

http://community.webshots.com/user/marlscat

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,224 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report/Travel Blog

Great posts and photos! Im in the early planning stages now and was a little overwhelmed by all there was to see. I'd rather never drive again. Now that I know there are HOHO buses, I can relax a little.

Thank you!

suitcaseready.com

Get answers to your questions about Valletta